**OH NO!!! Quilted being discontinued - No more STAMS!**

I really moved on from MJ long time ago, but I just read the news on Purseblog and had to come here. This feels like an end of an era! Which is kind of funny, I admit. But MJ started it all for me and this forum used to be my everyday home (I so want to know what June, tad and all the past regulars think!) :heart: The Stam and all things quilted were such a huge part of that.

So I try not to look back and hope for an awesome MJ-comeback. As long as he doesn't collaborate with H&M!
My sentiments exactly, MJ started my bag obsession too. Although I've sold most of my MJs (for very little, no resale value whatsoever), I'm glad I still keep my black stam, gray stardust Cecilia, and a single. This is very sad indeed. Hope to see MJ making a huge comeback with the next it bag ;)

if anyone's interested in what MJ looks like without quilted bags, i started a thread for the spring 2014 lookbook

http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/so-mj-minus-quilted-bags-spring-2014-lookbook-842564.html
Yes, I saw it. I'd call it an important step in the wrong direction.

I've been leaning towards this bag for my birthday (they call it the Wellington Peggy) http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/marc-ja...m_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_5_A
and I was feeling very excited because FINALLY I was going to own a "real" MJ, not just an MBMJ, but if THIS is what the company is producing for 2014, maybe I don't want to invest in the Peggy Wellington?

Any advice for a brand-new bag collector? TIA!

I've been leaning towards this bag for my birthday (they call it the Wellington Peggy) http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/marc-ja...m_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_5_A
and I was feeling very excited because FINALLY I was going to own a "real" MJ, not just an MBMJ, but if THIS is what the company is producing for 2014, maybe I don't want to invest in the Peggy Wellington?

If you love the bag and intend to keep it (not resell it) then it's definitely something you should buy! The leather is strong and of great quality.

As for me, I got tired of waiting for nice bags from MJ that I could access and have bought Prada, Chanel and Louis Vuitton. No regrets tbh.

My advice: Not every season for any premium designer is a win-win. Some seasons are excellent, some ok, some not so hot.
The Wellington line is an excellent line of bags. The leather is beautiful, it is well-made and something to be proud of. If you love it, get it!

Everyone keep in mind this is a line that came into play towards the end of a long tenure at LV. He is probably tired and unmotivated. Personally, I look forward to what is in the future.

Last edited:
My advice: Not every season for any premium designer is a win-win. Some seasons are excellent, some ok, some not so hot.
The Wellington line is an excellent line of bags. The leather is beautiful, it is well-made and something to be proud of. If you love it, get it!

Everyone keep in mind this is a line that came into play towards the end of a long tenure at LV. He is probably tired and unmotivated. Personally, I look forward to what is in the future.
Thank you, Nascar... that is very helpful advice.

I've called my SA at Nordstrom, and she has tucked away the Peggy Wellington for me. She found a brand new unwrapped one in the back, and sounded almost as excited as I am about my purchase... she kept saying "You're gonna love it! You're gonna love it!"

So next Tuesday I'll try it, and I'm sure I'm "gonna love it"... and then when I get home I'll post a model pic.

Thank you, Nascar... that is very helpful advice.

I've called my SA at Nordstrom, and she has tucked away the Peggy Wellington for me. She found a brand new unwrapped one in the back, and sounded almost as excited as I am about my purchase... she kept saying "You're gonna love it! You're gonna love it!"

So next Tuesday I'll try it, and I'm sure I'm "gonna love it"... and then when I get home I'll post a model pic.
You really will love it.

PS: my comment earlier about the line being in his end of LV mode was about the Spring 2014 line, not the Wellington. ;)
Plus, the Lookbook isn't all the bags that are made. They aren't all shown in the Lookbook.
There are some pretty Wellington bags right now on marcjacobs.com.

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I just heard at the boutique today - from those who went to market to see the new MJ lines- that there will be no more STAMS made. They are being discontinued and Marc Jacobs will do no more quilted designs. No more quilted singles, no more quilted period. :search:

I am so sad - as the quilted is one of my favorite Marc Jacobs designs. And no more Stams............I don't know if I should buy one now as I'll never see them again???

I just bought a Quilted 'Baroque - Rudi' Leather Satchel from Nordies- thank goodness!!

What do you guys think? Going to snatch up the last of the quilted designs and Stams before they are gone forever??? It's kinda sad though.......:cry::shucks:
I also bought the quilted leather Baroque and think it's wonderful. Thinking about a stam before they are gone.