OH NO !! Magazines Face Restrictions On Airbrushing Celebrities

Honestly if they wanted to make Madonna look younger and sexier they should have added some "weight" to her legs, the really skinny legs and hips make her look like an old woman. Why do they have to make everyone skinnier? People look more attractive and younger with some meat... Those airbrush artists really do need to give it a rest before they airbrush the stars right off the page. Just my opinion...

I think that the airbrushing is a bad thing, but the mags use it as an advertising tool. I mean do think that they would sell as many mags if these women weren't made to look perfect.

It is a hard thing to do, but people have to understand that this is not always what these people look like. (I also catch myself sometimes caomparing to the mags, but then I have to slap myself back into reality) Maybe they should show these side-by-sides to younger children(teens) that are having complex issues! :yes:

jane fonda is IDENTICAL to my grandmother!

also i find it interesting that although madonna is so proud of her muscles and work on them alot, that they would airbrush them out in promo shoots. obviously they realise they actually aren't attractive! i just would have thought that she would have made them keep them there
YEah, I thought the same thing. It's a shame really. It would be fun to see the difference if she the same month appeared in a fitness magazine. ;)

Well, on the whole issue of perpetrating the notion that being an emaciated, 6 foot tall ectomorph equals The One True Ideal of Feminine Pulchritude, I am firmly on the side of all the millions of women who are about 5'4" and wear size 16.

I don't even want to start on the whole thing of even little girls as young as 8 starving themselves, and by the time they are tweens, actually disliking themselves when they realize that they are never, ever, going to be six feet tall or fit into size 6 pants, let alone size two, and that no matter how much they weigh, their legs are still not going to be as long as Paris Hilton's.

All of that is awful, and I would like nothing more than to see it stop, and put girls on the runway who ARE 5'4" and who DO wear size 16, and let's stop calling people who are 5'11" or so and wear a size 12 "plus size." That is NOT "plus size." Mo'nique is plus size. That girl on this season of ANTM is not.

Not that there is anything wrong with being plus size. Beauty is not about size, it is about beauty, which like Life Savers and CoffeeMate, comes in a whole mess of flavors. But on an episode of Real Housewives of Orange County, one of the wives' daughters was told that she was plus size because she wore size 6 or 2 or something.

So it has gotten incredibly stupid, beyond stupid, and girls are dying. OK. I won't start.

Because the main thing I wanted to say is, about that whole with and without makeup thing, are we not smart enough to know from our own personal experience, looking into our own bathroom mirrors, that there is a really big difference in how we look when we have makeup on and when we don't?

I mean, show me a woman who really believes that Jane Fonda or Diana Ross look all glamorous when they get out of bed in the morning, and I will show you a woman who has never worn makeup.

All of that is awful, and I would like nothing more than to see it stop, and put girls on the runway who ARE 5'4" and who DO wear size 16, and let's stop calling people who are 5'11" or so and wear a size 12 "plus size." That is NOT "plus size." Mo'nique is plus size. That girl on this season of ANTM is not.

Because the main thing I wanted to say is, about that whole with and without makeup thing, are we not smart enough to know from our own personal experience, looking into our own bathroom mirrors, that there is a really big difference in how we look when we have makeup on and when we don't?

I agree with both statements, Shima.

When I was young size 18 was plus size, 16 and under were not. (Whether or not even that was a good statistic is uner debate). My mom is 5'10" and a size 12 and is not plus size. 10 years ago my 5'4" sister was a 2 in suits (which she still has and which still fit!) and now the Banana Republic size 0 suits she buys are too big and she has to alter the waist. There is an actual conspiracy out there to rearrange the sizes and make women feel fat - I swear there is.

And really, who rolls out of bed looking great without makeup. Even kate Hudson doesn't look that good (to me) without makeup.