oh no! is this even salvagable?

i'd go with: no thank you. if you will not discount the price i need to return the scarf for a full refund.

you'll find this again, h -- i've seen it several times over the last few months. the one you have now will never make you happy.

so how's this?

hello. thank you for the offer. however i do not need or want that book- i already have multiple copies. i am going to bring the scarf in to a professional service and see if they can repair it. i would like you to refund me the cost of the repairs. let me know if that works for you. if not i would like to return the scarf for full refund including shipping since it was not as it was described. thank you.

I wouldn't ask him to pay for the repairs as it just complicates things. Also he could then claim that the scarf got screwed up by the person trying to repair it.
Just send it back to him and ask for a refund, end of story. You will find another one.

Good Luck, H!!!

Can you include a picture of the problem area in your next email?

Regardless of anything else, seller should have taken a picture of the problems and the pulls. That would have been full disclosure, regardless of the terms used. A pic is worth bla bla....

You are right to expect a refund, but do be prepared if it does not come....You can wait for another and then sell this on ebay, with full disclosure....Plan B?

help! i just got this email from them, which i think says sorry but we're doing nothing about it:

bonjour, l'écharpe été décrite d'occasion et rare car elle n'a ni pas la taille d'un carré, ni d'un gavroche car ce modéle est exclusivement réservé au personnel Hermes. je ne peut prendre le risque de récupérer une contrefaçon.je reste sur cette transaction.
cordialement.bernardl27

h, i think it says that it was described as used, and rare because it's a different size from carres and gavroches and only offered to hermes personnel. then he says he can't take the risk that you'll send back a counterfeit, and he's done.

someone will come along who actually knows french, but thought that might help in the interim.

ETA, i thought the link described it as in new condition???? at this point you should probably put in a paypal claim for item not as described.

ok, i just looked at the link and i think you need to remind him that it was described as "occasion ,état neuf " -- which is used but in new condition.

non, l'écharpe été décrite "occasion, etat neuf" -- et elle n'est pas d'etat neuf.

^^YUP. I think you should do a claim as well, because it would have been full disclosure to include pictures of the problem areas in the description in the listing. You can try to send him photos, but it sounds like the issue is closed for him. And to suggest that you might send back a counterfeit is offensive, IMHO.

Anything from MadamP?

You know, at first I thought these were pulls, but the red streaks, are they part of the design, H?

attachment.php

If the streaks are not pulls, you should be able to have the rest of the pilling repaired...it could cost, but in the end I think you will still have a nice piece.:heart:

the red part is part of the design. it's the pulls and the fact that it's generally pinker than the white it's supposed to be that's the problem. i am a little miffed that he said i would return a fake and that it's basically not his problem.

so i should send what dq said?

i don't know what pp would do since i bought it from a french seller.

this sucks.

oh and i have to madame p this week. theyre closed today which is the first day i had a chance to do anything.