Oh no! Handle discoloration!

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
I purchased a MJ Stam bag, less than a month ago, and have used it maybe a handful of times. I noticed today when I got home that the handles are starting to discolor - that they are losing the camel color. I'm really upset about this, and I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

I've been extremely careful with using the bag, often wearing a light jacket so that I could hold the bag in the crook of my arm. It was definitely discoloration - it turned almost white.

Good news though...after I posted, I called my SA at Neiman's and explained the situation. She told me to come go over since they had another in stock. I took the Stam over, she looked at it and was amazed at the discoloration. She let me exchange it for the other camel Stam. So, I'm really thrilled, and hope that it won't happen again.

SuLi said:
I've been extremely careful with using the bag, often wearing a light jacket so that I could hold the bag in the crook of my arm. It was definitely discoloration - it turned almost white.

Good news though...after I posted, I called my SA at Neiman's and explained the situation. She told me to come go over since they had another in stock. I took the Stam over, she looked at it and was amazed at the discoloration. She let me exchange it for the other camel Stam. So, I'm really thrilled, and hope that it won't happen again.

congrats! that was some good luck..
wow, so many posts lately about problems with MJ bags (the quality). That makes me worry... :amazed:

:yes: Nice going, SuLi...glad you exchanged it right away, and good thing they had another for you. I'm in agreement with monotreme...the quality and craftsmanship of MJ bags has long been something I've expected and admired, but it looks like things are starting to go downhill...fast...Luna's Putty is off summering in Italy or two months for repairs, there's problems with the kisslocks, no more suede lining...lots of evidence that focus is not being placed where it should...how disappointing! :yes: With the stam's price tag, you would expect that it wouldn't discolor so readily, or have frame screws that could break! Yeesh. :hrmm:

Oh Phew, SuLi! I really would not expect the handles to discolour, and going white of all things! Thank goodness your SA took good care of you:smile:

Edited: to fix crappy grammar, lol!
Note to self: proof read, you dingbat!:shame:

Thanks! Huge "phew"!

I own quite a few MJ bags and this is the first time I've ever had a problem. I definitely agree that it shouldn't happen readily since it's not an inexpensive bag at $1275 plus tax.

We'll see what happens. I'm almost wondering if maybe it's the heat and humidity here in DC.