Oh NO!!! Can anyone suggest anything to help??

lilackatz

O.G.
Mar 16, 2006
Nottingham
I have only had my lovely pale salmony pink coffer a few weeks. On Saturday i went to London for the day and bought something from Topshop. It was in a black and brown paper carrier. The black has rubbed off on my bag. I have spent ages trying to get it off with Mulberry cleaner and now it looks green! Can anyone suggest anything else that might help. I am in the UK so don't think I can get Applegard.

linpaddy

O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
Oh no!

I'm sending some hugs your way. Please stop whatever you're doing now and send the bag to a professional shoe/bag repair. Your cobbler should be able to help you. TPFers in UK, any recommendations?

It seems that the dye from the paper bag is reacting badly with your leather cleaner. Unless you know how to handle saddle soap (I don't so I can't advise), please seek professional help. At this point, saddle soap may even take off the original color, so better not risk it.

lilackatz

O.G.
Mar 16, 2006
Nottingham
Oh no!

I'm sending some hugs your way. Please stop whatever you're doing now and send the bag to a professional shoe/bag repair. Your cobbler should be able to help you. TPFers in UK, any recommendations?

It seems that the dye from the paper bag is reacting badly with your leather cleaner. Unless you know how to handle saddle soap (I don't so I can't advise), please seek professional help. At this point, saddle soap may even take off the original color, so better not risk it.
Hi Thanks for that. I'm worried I might have already taken off the original colour. I can't believe it, I'm so careful with my bags. I have saddle soap but daren't try it. It's really bad that they give you bags that do that don't you think?

linpaddy

O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
Hi Thanks for that. I'm worried I might have already taken off the original colour. I can't believe it, I'm so careful with my bags. I have saddle soap but daren't try it. It's really bad that they give you bags that do that don't you think?
Be careful of Zara shopping bags too. Very bad quality. The blue dye just stains about EVERYTHING!

perguella

Apr 4, 2008
Denmark
I have only had my lovely pale salmony pink coffer a few weeks. On Saturday i went to London for the day and bought something from Topshop. It was in a black and brown paper carrier. The black has rubbed off on my bag. I have spent ages trying to get it off with Mulberry cleaner and now it looks green! Can anyone suggest anything else that might help. I am in the UK so don't think I can get Applegard.
Oh no??? That really sucks! Sorry I cant help you, I dont have any expertise, but it sounds like a good idea about going to an expert?

:sad: