Oh my what's happening to me?! Suddenly a craving for a... WHITE bag?!

Kattie...did I cause this? lol jk! The one I have in the pictures in the other thread is actually an ivory from a while back-it's the lovely old leather. I've been thinking about selling it on and off. Everytime I decide I don't really like it, I decide I like it again. lol When I get home I'll PM you some photos. It's kind of dirty, but a good kind of dirty. It's got a fabulous grunge look to it. Look out for a PM in like an hour or so :smile:

a week or so ago i was in a hip japanese east side restaurant, and this really beautiful jananese hippster girl had this really broken in white city. it so fit her style. then sort of tossed it under the table at her feet, the floor was pretty dirty, she did not seem to care , the bag looked great, she looked great, and so relaxed.

i thought i could never be that carefree and casual about a white bag!
i need to loosen up!

kattiepie said:
jayge: has it been hard to take care of? I really like the 06 white because I feel as though the leather would not be as absorbent of dirt and grime because it is so shiny. But if I was to get one, I would love to use it as an everyday bag. I LOVE white.

I haven't used it yet!!! I just got it last Monday but I might spray it with Applegarde. Has anyone had experience spraying white bags with Applegarde? Is it on another thread???

jayge said:
I haven't used it yet!!! I just got it last Monday but I might spray it with Applegarde. Has anyone had experience spraying white bags with Applegarde? Is it on another thread???

I'd be VERY very careful with applegarde and white bbags. I used it on my ivory and it caused it to have a slight yellow-y tinge. After noticing it I've been wiping it down with a moist towel every couple of days to remove the conditioner and it's getting back to its original color, but I wouldn't recommend applying it unless you are very careful with how much you apply :noworry:

Twinklette said:
Jdy the AG conditioner did this and not the spray? Wow! Thanks for sharing that...I haven't had any problems yet but don't have any white bags!

Yes! The conditioner! I haven't used the spray on it yet since I'm waiting to get the color back to normal. I didn't notice this at the time, but if you look at the AG conditioner it's got a bit of a yellow tinge to it. Well yea, that's how my bag looked after treating it. :yucky: My bag is from spring 2004 so it may be that the leather is softer and more absorbent, I don't know. I use shining money and I sprayed that on my magenta with no problems... Ohh another note about the AG though...I applied some to my magenta handles and I could see the color coming off on my towel...I quickly stopped! I really don't know about AG and Balenciaga. I don't think they mix. However I would recommend using a spray- definitely.

Jennifer!! Thank you so much for your PM!... well, maybe not SO MUCH since now I"m just desperate to have one!!! You're such an enabler! hahahah

I will be on the lookout for any good deals on white b-bags now. I can't get it out of my mind. I think white would look so fabulous during the summer.... *sigh*

I keep thinking that I have such a horrible addiction to b-bags.. and then I justify it by saying that at least it's not something really horrible! hahah ;D

i would just spray it with the apple garde- it should help keep it white. girls on here have found that the apple lotion may alter the color and really, unless you get an extremely veiny or dry one- you dont need it.

try get an older white or wait for fall's new leather and then spray it, esp, the handles and bottom!

Oh, I went through that need-a-white-bbag-phase too, and ended up with an ivory 2003 first. That was as white as I dared, and still not as sensitive as the newer, bright white bags. I love that bag, but don't use it much, so I'm still not sure if it's a keeper or not. The habit of carrying dark bags is hard to break...