Oh My God I Am In Love With Indigo!!!!!

Deana

Aug 22, 2006
:drool: :party: OMG!!! My Indigo City arrived yesterday, and I can't say enough how this is the exact sort of vibrant blue I was hoping for. So even though the tassles are off getting uncrinkled and I haven't made her braid or charms, I had to get these two photos up. All I've done is moisturize her. I feel that most of the colors in my bags come up pretty close in the photos I take of them in the sun, but not so with this one. There is a beautiful marbling affect on the back that shows lighter bits of leather that I love, but it doesn't come through in the photo of her and my Pink City. She also has a bit of a purplish hue in her that doesn't show as well. I can't believe the price I got this beauty for, because she is in absolute brand new condition! So a big thank you to the lovely seller! Now I absolutely know my favorites from 05 are....BBGM Pink, Turquoise, Indigo, and Magenta. Since I have all 4, I am confident to say the only other color I want is 04 Eggplant. But don't take the bet with OhDonna on it! I am off to make her a braid and charms and hopefully the beautiful CA sun will still be on my bedroom patio for photos, including a new family portrait when I am done. I found leather that is amazingly like Bal tassles, and I am in the process of having some dyed at a couple of different places so I can pick the best.

**NO advertising at all!!!!!!!!

Check out the 2nd photo of the tale of two city's. I will be back with more photos!!!
:love:
IMG_5519.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5526.jpg
    IMG_5526.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 94
that is a great blue - where did you find it?
:nuts:
Ebay! The really surprising thing was it had a 7 day listing, and was listed for $1200 starting bid, and $1575 buy it now. There was no bids the first few days, and I thought for sure alot bids would come in at the end of the auction. So I set my alarm (7:30 am on a Sunday in CA, so it was not early for anyone mid or east US) thinking I will go in for the SB, and try to hold myself back from going higher. AND NO ONE ELSE BID! I was so elated and thoroughly shocked! I guess some good deals can sneak by unoticed, and I am sooo grateful this one did!!!

That is beautiful!! I love blues!! I can't wait to see the tassel you make for it. I tried a little braiding and I'll be getting you to make some for me, its a lot harder than it looks!

:nuts:
Ebay! The really surprising thing was it had a 7 day listing, and was listed for $1200 starting bid, and $1575 buy it now. There was no bids the first few days, and I thought for sure alot bids would come in at the end of the auction. So I set my alarm (7:30 am on a Sunday in CA, so it was not early for anyone mid or east US) thinking I will go in for the SB, and try to hold myself back from going higher. AND NO ONE ELSE BID! I was so elated and thoroughly shocked! I guess some good deals can sneak by unoticed, and I am sooo grateful this one did!!!

I was watching it too... but decided I really don't like any of the blues - indigo/navy/cornflower/blueberry. Congratulations Deana!!!

Congrats, your indigo is absolutely gorgeous and you got it at a great price. Maybe since there are so many beautiful blues (current and upcoming) it lessened the demand somewhat for indigo. I think it's also a matter of timing and luck too.