Oh Man...well...Matinee...Please Help...

Arailah

Nov 5, 2013
Howdy All!

*Edit* Whoops...Totally spelt Matinee wrong in the title.

Okay, I know the Matinee has been discontinued, but I'm always late to the party and have become quite smitten with the style.

I've been searching high and low for a pre-loved one to call my own, and have found a few prospects here and there.

Here's my dilemma.
I'm having a hard time telling the Mini Matinee's from the full size Matinee's.

I really am hoping for a Full-Size.

This is what I've gathered, please correct me if I am wrong.

Full Size Matinee's will have tassels with rings on the end
Mini Matinee's will have tassels - but *no* metal on the end

Is this accurate?

Outside of this, I don't know how else to tell and everyone has subjective measurements.

I've seen some Matinee's without tassels, and just blank zippers. I can't tell what size they are.

Any veteran Minkette's available to put me out of my misery and grant me wisdom?

Thank you so much!

Have you looked in the Matinee thread in the Reference Library?http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-...ictures-of-your-matinee-pics-only-238265.html
There are some Minis in there!

Thank you so much for pointing me in that direction. It definitely helped me solidify that the tassels without metal on the ends are on the Mini Matinee.

Anyone have insight if the Mini had the standard zippers without tassels like some of the full-size Matinee's did?

The one I was eyeing didn't have metal on the ends, so that's out. Since I want a full-size.

I'm also looking at another that doesn't have tassels, but I'm not sure if it is Mini or not.

Full-size Mattie in stonewash blue. Metal rings on the tassels.

Does this help at all?

Edit: Yikes - sorry for the vertiginous angle - it was normal on my screen before the upload!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 225
Full-size Mattie in stonewash blue. Metal rings on the tassels.

Does this help at all?

Edit: Yikes - sorry for the vertiginous angle - it was normal on my screen before the upload!

That absolutely helps.

I know I definitely need to find a full size. I wish I wasn't so late to the Minkoff brand. Ha.

Thank you guys so much for the help!

I didn't even realize there was a Mattie Club. I'm going to look through it now as a reference, it will probably help me.

I have seen the few on Bonanza and eBay I just want to make sure they are the proper size and preferred color before bidding or buying.