Oh, I am Scared!

alanaofthebay

Dec 18, 2006
Well, I did it. I bought the following pre-owned mono Alma off ebay today. The total price, including shipping, was $450, which is half retail, but still alot of money for a bag I have never seen!:sweatdrop: Actually, I am returning a $200 D&B bag, which will cover part of the cost. It looks like good condition, except for some watermarks, which I think I can clean off for the most part with babywipes and a conditioner, from what I have read here. Tell me, did I make a mistake? Not that I can change my mind now, because I am committed! Oh, woes me, why couldn't I stay satisfied with my handbags from Home Shopping Network, or those cheap Nine West bags at Macy's, lol.:crybaby:

eBay: AUTHENTIC LOUIS VUITTON ALMA $880.00 EXCELLENT USED (item 230068317199 end time Dec-27-06 18:00:38 PST)

I had looked at that one, too! This looks to be about the going rate for a used Alma. The thing about Almas, the vachetta spots easily. It looks pretty good. Know the fear thing, I always think it insane to spend over a certain amount on a used bag unless it is practically new.

I think it looks great and you got a wonderful price! I wouldn't recommend touching the vachetta though, it will even out and even if it doesn't it still looks presentable and not very used imho, and I am reaaaaaaally picky about things looking perfect. I had a mono speedy 30 that I got used from an ebay friend and the handles looked significantly darker than the diamonds and I wasn't happy with it and sold it, but if it had looked like this in regard to the vachetta color I would have kept it. what is the year on it? it doesn't look to be vintage but is described as such.