Oh help...I just did something so stupid...

trumanfinn

O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
I bought my first brand new LV (Speedy 30) yesterday....she's beautiful.
I've been trying to decide whether to AG her, but decided against it.

A little bit ago I walked by to admire her, and noticed a little smudge on the handle.

I don't know what I was thinking...I'm a mom of two and I think that Mommy brain kicked in. I lifted my shirt, wet it with spit and started trying to rub off the smudge.

I stopped immediately and realized...WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!! This isn't pizza sauce on a baby's face! This is Speedy's handle!!!

It left a big dark spot. I'm just devastated. I bought her YESTERDAY!!! I carried her for less than an hour!!!

Is she destined to have that big dark spot or will it lighten? It's been a few hours, and it's still VERY dark.

I'm using to buying bags that are already a year or more old, so I've never had this super new vachetta.

I'm such an idiot...I feel just sick. :cry:

You will most likely be stuck with a vague spot, but most of it should dry out over time & even out. It may just take a little time. It'll be just like a birth mark. Lol ;)

When I bought my first speedy we were on vacation in Boston. It was raining and I got a really big rain drop on the vachetta. You could see the spot until it got a nice patina on it. Don't worry, That new vachetta is so tricky! :girlsigh:

i was so worried about the vachetta on my speedy when i first got it (it was my first bag with vachetta) But as it starts to tan all the little smudges seem to fade away! Congrats on your new bag!! As for them getting dirty my friend said that she uses the leather cleaner they sell at coach to clean the vachetta, i have not done this myself but her bags always look great... i do plan on trying it out soon though and i will let you know the results.

Oh no...I'm so sorry. Check out the FAQ section, there are a lot of tips there you can pick and choose from. I use Magic Eraser on my vachetta for big uh-ohs and it's evened out my patina nicely (use caution, again, lots of tips on FAQ on how to).

Dont freak out, as the vachetta oxidizes it will even out!

ive spilled greasy dip on my vachetta handle, used babywipes and now its gone! worse things have happened hun!

I'm finding it hard to enjoy...this new vachetta thing is too stressful!!! LOL.

I'm sure it will even out with time, I just hate looking at that blotch. I'm sure it won't come close to being the worst thing to happen to it! Eventually my dog will chew it up, or the kids will take it outside to play..hee hee.

just try to clean with alchol free wipes , let dry outside the dustbag and if any mark, still will fade when patina get tan
Congrat on your speedy and don't worry
It's all about that

I second mr clean magic eraser, it works amazingly. I used it to clean out a blotch from the vachetta of my papillon, that was right on the bow, and it worked. it made the spot a tad lighter then the rest of the vachetta, but it's way more obvious as a big dark spot then a slightly faded spot.