Oh Goodness-HELP!

I would pass.
You already have a 40 and another bag from the red colour family.
And for me a 40 in such a loud colour is too much.
But this is just my opinion.
If you have the time to Visit the store go there, maybe you find something else and if not you could just make clear that you really want a bag but not in this colour.
Good luck:smile:

I would pass.
If you have the time to Visit the store go there, maybe you find something else and if not you could just make clear that you really want a bag but not in this colour.
Pass. This will be a hard bag for them to move. If they typecast you as the girl who will take anything, you won't get what you really want later... you'll get what everyone else passes on.

RC is an amazing color. I do see your concern about the color being too similar, but if you love it, you should def go for it. Although RC and Geranium are in the same color family, they are both very different. RC is a true red, while Geranium has a more orange undertone. In my eyes, they are both diff. I have capucine, and want an RC! Hehe :smile:.

I think comparing the two colors in person is a great idea! That way, you will know for sure if RC absolutely sings to you :smile: Besides, who knows what else you may find hiding at H if you go visit! :biggrin:

Good luck and have fun on your road trip!
Thank you :smile: This is exactly what I'm going to do. I love bright colors so hopefully if I see it in person and compare it to my Geranium I'll have my decision! I'm also excited to see what's "in hiding". Hehe.

I would pass.
Thanks for your response! I'm heading up to visit H tomorrow and taking my friend along. I know I won't be happy until I see the bag in person...if I get those little heart palpitations then I'll know it's the right bag for me. If not, I'll pass and wait for the next. Plus it's a good excuse to visit H and take a little trip :smile:

Pass. This will be a hard bag for them to move. If they typecast you as the girl who will take anything, you won't get what you really want later... you'll get what everyone else passes on.
I definitely don't want to be typecast as the girl who will take anything! Hopefully that's not the case when my SA offered this to me. Since I walked in the store carrying my B40 and asked her to keep a lookout for bright colors perhaps she is generally trying to find me a bag I like? Not sure but I def won't be afraid to pass if I see the bag and it doesn't speak to me! Thanks for your response :smile:

RC is an amazing color. I do see your concern about the color being too similar, but if you love it, you should def go for it. Although RC and Geranium are in the same color family, they are both very different. RC is a true red, while Geranium has a more orange undertone. In my eyes, they are both diff. I have capucine, and want an RC! Hehe :smile:.
I've seen that RC is such an amazing color so I just have to go see it in person ya know? :smile: You having Capucine and loving RC is kinda how I feel. My Geranium does have quite an orange undertone so I'm thinking RC will be much different. I guess I'll see tomorrow!

I believe this does happen. Not every bag is easy to move, despite people in other states or countries who would jump at it. And it's always offered as if they were offering you a big special treat.

Wow, that is pretty astute. I have noticed that Jan/Feb seems to be clearing out the B40's months.

On the other hand, OP loves 40's, so it might just be serendipity!

I definitely don't want to be typecast as the girl who will take anything! Hopefully that's not the case when my SA offered this to me. Since I walked in the store carrying my B40 and asked her to keep a lookout for bright colors perhaps she is generally trying to find me a bag I like? Not sure but I def won't be afraid to pass if I see the bag and it doesn't speak to me! Thanks for your response :smile:
Didn't mean my last comment to seem too harsh :smile:, I think a lot will depend on how you play it. Getting what you want especially as a kinda new customer seems to me to be a lot about popping to mind when something comes along (meaning its all about how the SA sees your taste). And from there it's strategy.

I would venture to say that nearly all of the B's and K's that show up in Atlanta (smallish store) are either basically loosely earmarked from the outset or direct requests from existing customers. There are always some surprises, but probably not that many. Most of the "available" bags will probably be requests that the orderer changed their mind about and didn't buy. The red one you mentioned strikes me as one of these, not a bad thing, but you want to work your way to a place where they will get you exactly what you want. I think it won't be the end of your buying career if you decide to take this bag. But it will make an impression on the SA's perception of your buying style and how much service it will take to keep you happy. 3 big red/pink birkins in a short period sends a pretty strong message. I think it's important to make sure the SA knows you are buying for the long haul, you are interested in developing a balanced collection, and your purchases are well reasoned and meaningful to you. This is probably a good way to gain the kind of esteem that gets you offered more bags in the future and possibly SO's etc. Best of luck! Excited to see how it goes :smile:

Didn't mean my last comment to seem too harsh :smile:, I think a lot will depend on how you play it. Getting what you want especially as a kinda new customer seems to me to be a lot about popping to mind when something comes along (meaning its all about how the SA sees your taste). And from there it's strategy.

I would venture to say that nearly all of the B's and K's that show up in Atlanta (smallish store) are either basically loosely earmarked from the outset or direct requests from existing customers. There are always some surprises, but probably not that many. Most of the "available" bags will probably be requests that the orderer changed their mind about and didn't buy. The red one you mentioned strikes me as one of these, not a bad thing, but you want to work your way to a place where they will get you exactly what you want. I think it won't be the end of your buying career if you decide to take this bag. But it will make an impression on the SA's perception of your buying style and how much service it will take to keep you happy. 3 big red/pink birkins in a short period sends a pretty strong message. I think it's important to make sure the SA knows you are buying for the long haul, you are interested in developing a balanced collection, and your purchases are well reasoned and meaningful to you. This is probably a good way to gain the kind of esteem that gets you offered more bags in the future and possibly SO's etc. Best of luck! Excited to see how it goes :smile:
Thanks so much for this! If I decide that the bag isn't for me when I go look tomorrow then I'll just let her know that I'm looking for XXX and I'm not really in a place to settle. You summed up my feelings perfectly. I want to have a balanced collection and my purchases are definitely meaningful to me. Hopefully if I pass on this bag it will send the message that I'm choosy about my bags & not willing to settle and not anything particularly negative. Your response is much appreciated!