Oh God, it appears I have a date on Friday, help!!

LuvMyShibaInu

Jul 27, 2008
I haven't dated in ages, so I'm reaching out to the interwebs hoping someone can give me some direction.

Let's see, it's meant to be a casual, first-time meeting coffee date. Ok, we met on a dating website. San Antonio weather is lower 80's around 5pm and then about 68 degrees by 9pm. I don't think we're going to be out too late, but if we meet for coffee we'll probably sit outside.

I'm 28, 5'10", wear a size 16. I'm thinking some dark, bootcut jeans and cute flats. I have an extensive array of flats because heels hurt my wide feet. :crybaby:

So on top, are there any suggestions? I have a ton of 3/4 sleeve cardis. My style is not trendy at all, it's more classic. Think Ralph Lauren. I was thinking maybe a black cardi with an Hermes scarf and a white tank underneath, silver or black flats. Ugh, I dunno. Any help is appreciated!
:heart:

I like what you described too! Dark wash jeans, a light colored tank (cream, white), a dark cardi (black, navy), and a pretty H scarf... the silver flats would be nice... sounds like a winning combination to me! :smile: Have fun, relax, and be yourself... I'm sure it will go really well! :heart:

First -- I love Shiba Inu's too! =D I don't have one, but plan on getting one when hubby and I buy our first house. :o)

Your outfit sounds great! Casual, yet put-together chic. I'd maybe add a pair of earrings or a statement bracelet to jazz it up a bit.

Hope you have a fantastic time!!

OMG bella we both apparently read the same forums! I didn't post in the other one, I only read it. Too crazy/mean in there for me.
I like the idea you have posted. An alternative is a loose, flowy tank (think silk) with a killer neclace and a cardigan.

Thank you all for your replies, and the suggestion of a dress or a silk top under the cardi.

LOL, lawchick, you're right about the other Forum. They're just mean, but Pet Forum is even worse!

I'm going to make an emergency trip to Kohls this evening just to see. I'm giving myself 30 minutes, and if I don't find anything then jeans + cardi + flats it is.