Oh gawd, someone please talk me out of Hermes shoes... pretty please...

LoveThatThing - I adore CL! In fact, I have a darling pair of suede peep-toe wedge sandals (fr. spring last year) that have a gold braid on the bottom and ribbon ankle ties. TDF!!!:love:

Rose - Trust me, I made the rounds. After seeing that pair, I went to Neimans, Saks, LV & Ferragamo! Nothing caught my eye or came close.

GraceKelly - That's happened to me so many times in the past. My usual reaction is :Push:"son of a b****!" But that hasn't stopped me from accumulating a gorgeous collection of footwear. Thanks to super-glue & my cobbler! And these days, I've become quite an expert in manuvering around the cracks. :yes:

Two more questions before I make up my mind (yes, I promise to post pics if I buy them):

1. What are the chances that size 6 (36 european) will be available at the end of season sale?
  2. Are stores allowing to transfer sale times between the boutiques? Or is it, whatever's available at the boutique?
Thanks everyone!

LoveThatThing - I adore CL! In fact, I have a darling pair of suede peep-toe wedge sandals (fr. spring last year) that have a gold braid on the bottom and ribbon ankle ties. TDF!!!:love:

Rose - Trust me, I made the rounds. After seeing that pair, I went to Neimans, Saks, LV & Ferragamo! Nothing caught my eye or came close.

GraceKelly - That's happened to me so many times in the past. My usual reaction is :Push:"son of a b****!" But that hasn't stopped me from accumulating a gorgeous collection of footwear. Thanks to super-glue & my cobbler! And these days, I've become quite an expert in manuvering around the cracks. :yes:

Two more questions before I make up my mind (yes, I promise to post pics if I buy them):

1. What are the chances that size 6 (36 european) will be available at the end of season sale?
  2. Are stores allowing to transfer sale times between the boutiques? Or is it, whatever's available at the boutique?
Thanks everyone!

In the US the most popular sizes are 7.5 -8.5 so I think you would stand a good chance with a size 6!

Here is my understanding of the semi-annual sales for Hermes.

Sale items are determined not by an individual boutique, but by corporate. Only in NYC do items like leather goods and scarves and ties show up. Shoes, RTW, and miscellany make the rounds of the other stores, however, not all styles appear.

The reason why the sales in the different stores are during different weeks is because the same sale stock is shipped from store to store and supplimented as needed.

All this culminates in the real sale in NYC twice a year.

Sale items cannot be transferred from store to store outside of the process where after the store's weekly sales period is over, the entire sale stock moves to its new location. So...if your store is last on the list, you have a very slim chance of getting your shoes.

O-M-G!!! That's not good at all. With my luck, my boutique will probably be the last one. Well ladies, thank you so much for ALL the amazing advice. If I do get these shoes, I will definitely post pics!

Definitely post pix if you get them!

Just for ref., my little store always have 35.5., 36 and 40 and 41 shoes available at their twice-yearly sales.

I know one was at the end of Jan. - I can't remember when the other was...end of summer though.

If you decide to wait for a sale, you still need a picture so that we can all be on the look-out for you!

As for me, if I'm still pining for something after a week or 2, I get it!

I walk everywhere and I tend to buy tough, unstylish serviceable shoes and wear them until they basically fall apart. Manolos are so fragile on the soles they might as well be made out of paper. But I have two pairs of H sneakers and a pair of H deck shoes. One pair of H sneakers have been through hell and high water with me and lots and lots of muddy fields over several years and show hardly any sign of wear - despite the white contrast stitching which really ought to be brown by now.
My experience with H shoes is that they last, have incredibly strong construction and are designed on such a classic basis that the style remains a style and not a fashion fetish for 15 minutes.
Take a deep breath, do you really need these shoes? Seems to me you will need them when the Manolos are ruined which will be soon. If you will feel good every time you step out in them, buy them. If you know you'll be wracked with guilt, walk away, buy some superga sneakers and concentrate on the bag.

All the best.