Officier City w/ Canard Strap -- good idea?

NamkhaDrolma

Off to the tower...
O.G.
Jun 12, 2007
I have a RH Officier City and would love to be able to wear it crossbody. The only long strap currently available to me is a RGH Canard Town strap. Would it the difference be really obvious and icky or would it be hardly noticeable and a good solution?

I've not seen Canard IRL and did look at some excellent comparison pics in the colour reference library. I guess I'd be most concerned by what appears to be the very teal edge sealant on the Canard.

Same here. I think it would be very obvious. I think you can find something more similar. Maybe take your Officier with you to a Bal boutique and try to find something. Maybe Dark Night strap? Or maybe Balenciaga might have a good idea for a replacement.

The Gendarme (aka Ultramarine) bmoto jacket is really, really similar to Officier, so maybe something from last season will be more similar then Carnard? Good luck with your search!

Lakotan said:
i think the difference will be very obvious because Canard has a lot of teal/yellow undertones in it

Yes, that's what I suspected. Thanks for confirming, Lakotan

tb-purselover said:
Same here. I think it would be very obvious. I think you can find something more similar. Maybe take your Officier with you to a Bal boutique and try to find something. Maybe Dark Night strap? Or maybe Balenciaga might have a good idea for a replacement.

The Gendarme (aka Ultramarine) bmoto jacket is really, really similar to Officier, so maybe something from last season will be more similar then Carnard? Good luck with your search!

Dark Knight is a good suggestion. I'll keep my eyes open. Unfortunately there's no Bal boutique anywhere near me but perhaps I can contact them via phone or email.

chubbiebunnie said:
I agree. Canard and Officier are pretty different; Dark Night or Marine? I know a few gals here had custom made straps also. Good luck!

Thanks, chubbiebunnie. I'd love to find a good place to get custom straps made.

Thanks, all, for your input. I'll keep exploring options...