Official YSL Chat Thread

May 23, 2006
Megs and Vlad have decided to allow one off-topic chat thread per subforum, so here you go!!!

This is the place for YSL lovers to discuss non-YSL topics. Whatever is on your mind or going on in your life...keeping within tPF rules, of course--polite and respectful conversation, and no discussion involving politics or relegion. Chat away...

Great idea!!

I'm having dinner with the ex tonight (His idea) and I'm sort of confused about the whole situation. I feel like I'm only setting myself up for disappointment.

^Chinsumo, its hard to offer advice without knowing the details of your situation, but I just wanted to say I'm very sorry you're going through a tough time right now. I hope it all works out for the best. :hugs:

^Chinsumo, its hard to offer advice without knowing the details of your situation, but I just wanted to say I'm very sorry you're going through a tough time right now. I hope it all works out for the best. :hugs:

Thanks Cosmo. :heart: When I put it in perspective, it's not really that tough, comparatively. Just something that I don't want to deal with, but sort of can't escape from. It's my own doing though, and I should really know better. I want to puke.

And, I hate to say this, but I'm sort of obsessingn over the Fendi 'peek-a-boo' bag for Spring 2009. It might be a must have.

Thanks Cosmo. :heart: When I put it in perspective, it's not really that tough, comparatively. Just something that I don't want to deal with, but sort of can't escape from. It's my own doing though, and I should really know better. I want to puke.

And, I hate to say this, but I'm sort of obsessingn over the Fendi 'peek-a-boo' bag for Spring 2009. It might be a must have.

YOU SHOULD know better but since it is hard (and NOT your own doing)
take MY advice ....(i have three ex's) DON'T GO....don't put yourself through it....GO BUY THE FENDI INSTEAD! be strong where it counts!
love and hugs from one who has been there many times

LOVE THIS THREAD BY THE WAY:yahoo:

Spoken like a true bag lover!!! Gotta keep perspective! LOL!

Keep your chin up, and guard up too...and then just do what your heart says is right, with just a little advice from your head.

Me? I am having a wicked migraine I am trying to kick before I go make dinner. Sorry kids, soup from a can tonight. Mommy is not up to it! We went Christmas shopping today, not a good idea. But I finished most of it and that is a good thing at least.

Until some lady said to me as I was leaving, she blows by me out the door and says really nasty, "thanks for holding the door for me..." so i say I didn't even see you there. And she says, without even looking at me, "you should have looked behind you..." (because I often look behind me while walking forward), so by now she is about 20 feet away, so I yell out "well Merry Christmas nasty person..."

What the he!! is up with people these days? And another SA working at saks, and this was the dead saks in stamford, kept chastising my autistic 8 year old for running from mirror to mirror playing his make believe play in ladies intimates. So I bought a bunch of crap from her area, but carried it over to mens where a nice gentleman SA was like, hey, i have 3 kids, it's no biggie and I bought it from him. I hope he walks back over and tells the old bag she lost the sale. I don't bother to tell people my son's problem. I just ignore them. I have learned not to care what they think of him or my mothering skills.

I am trying to keep my spirits up. But I am just plain worn out. THe economy is not just the news, it is what I work on all day long and I am so tired of it...and it shows no sign of letting up. I just want to slow down and take some time off without always being married to some electronic device or another!

On the upside, I got a new gym bag by chanel at the neiman twice as nice sale, where my nice SA said not to bother trying to find a second item. So that was nice. I think the boys are getting me new sneakers and workout gear for christmas. So will leave the bag packed up and give to the BF for him to wrap it all up together with their gift.

Well, I feel better now. THis is better than a shrink!!! ;)

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that apparently the Christmas time is not only bells and whistles for everyone. Sorry to hear about your break-up, chinsumo and sorry to hear about your experiences with people not treating your son as they should, MelissaAnn.

It's so weird to hear so much about the recession going on in the States because (Thank God!), we barely feel anything about a faltering economy here in Europe (that is if you did not work for the European branch of Lehman Brothers...)

chinsumo - well you already know my thoughts about the situation but i really hope dinner went well and you're feeling okay about everything today! :heart:

melissa ann - i am so sorry about your headache and those rude people! :cursing: but congrats on the chanel and i hope the holidays bring at least a little break from work...

Gingarita, you're right, I shouldn't go, but it's too late, I did. And, I honestly think I had to go give the whole situation some finality. It was actually more pleasant than I thought it would be and we talked a lot about life and where we are etc. It was nice, I forgot how much I missed our conversations, but I still reaffirmed why we split in the first place. We're just too much alike to be together. He's a brooding Russian PhD and I'm a brooding artist. Too much brooding does not a good relationship make!

Thank you Melissa! I am trying to keep hope alive (In the form of bags). If I can't find solace in men, then another skin will have to do--albeit slightly dead, and designed! Also, I can't believe the nerve of some people. Like you're expected to watch out for every person who is behind you when you're carrying bags AND looking after your kids? That's ridiculous. For someone expecting so much out of someone else when it comes to social niceties, she sure didn't act like they were a priority to her! I'm glad you said what you did and left it at that. She needed to know how rude she was!

Thank you both C_24 and nycmom, the dinner went really well, and we both got a lot off our chests. We're going to be happy just being friends, and I think that's the healtheist route for the both of us.

And yes, the economy is really freaking me out. It's like our country is devolving into a new dark ages. So, this is 'sort' of politics-related. But, anyone else excited to see how Michelle ***** dresses as first lady? I'm hoping she pics some American designers. Not old standbys like Oscar De La Renta. We've already seen her wearing Alexander McQueen suits during the campaign (Which I thought was an unexpected yet cool choice!). Hmm, maybe Marc Jacobs?

She wore a lot of narciso roderiguez and Thakoon too!! Regardless of politics, she picks some nice things, and she understands her own body and how to dress it. I don't think we'll be seeing a red pillbox hat on her anytime soon (though nancy reagan was quite the dresser in her day too! LOL!)

So, I am a newbie on the YSL site, and have to say you all are fun...

Did you all see the reporter from Bagdad throw his shoes at Bush?? Oh my gosh...I cracked up. I know it is not funny, given that he is still commander in chief, but oh my....just shows you what the world is thinking...people are so angry.

Which brings me to you...Melissa Ann. I have little ones, and a nephew who has a developmental disability. This summer, I spend some time with him and when we went out, I for the first time understood what my sister goes through every day...and how sweet, and RUDE people can be. It is like the Doors song: "People are Strange."

There are a lot of angry people in the world...the nice thing is you have the choice of how you react to them...and you my friend, sound like you knew exactly what to do. I would have strangled someone if they treated my child in such ways...but you showed class.

Also, some of you all had a thread about being from DC. I live in AZ now, but my husband grew up in Arlington, and we lived in Georgetown for 7 years together....we met there. We lived on Grace Street in an awesome condo on the canal (right behind M Street) off of Wisconsin Avenue. We love it there...and when you all were talking about Lauriel Plaza...it brought back serious memories of Happy Hour, and so much fun! I was married at the St. Regis downtown.....oh the memories!! Now, I am three weeks away from having my second son!!! Time flies!

Any way...just wanted to say "Hello" on this fun thread!

Spoken like a true bag lover!!! Gotta keep perspective! LOL!

Keep your chin up, and guard up too...and then just do what your heart says is right, with just a little advice from your head.

Me? I am having a wicked migraine I am trying to kick before I go make dinner. Sorry kids, soup from a can tonight. Mommy is not up to it! We went Christmas shopping today, not a good idea. But I finished most of it and that is a good thing at least.

Until some lady said to me as I was leaving, she blows by me out the door and says really nasty, "thanks for holding the door for me..." so i say I didn't even see you there. And she says, without even looking at me, "you should have looked behind you..." (because I often look behind me while walking forward), so by now she is about 20 feet away, so I yell out "well Merry Christmas nasty person..."

What the he!! is up with people these days? And another SA working at saks, and this was the dead saks in stamford, kept chastising my autistic 8 year old for running from mirror to mirror playing his make believe play in ladies intimates. So I bought a bunch of crap from her area, but carried it over to mens where a nice gentleman SA was like, hey, i have 3 kids, it's no biggie and I bought it from him. I hope he walks back over and tells the old bag she lost the sale. I don't bother to tell people my son's problem. I just ignore them. I have learned not to care what they think of him or my mothering skills.

I am trying to keep my spirits up. But I am just plain worn out. THe economy is not just the news, it is what I work on all day long and I am so tired of it...and it shows no sign of letting up. I just want to slow down and take some time off without always being married to some electronic device or another!

On the upside, I got a new gym bag by chanel at the neiman twice as nice sale, where my nice SA said not to bother trying to find a second item. So that was nice. I think the boys are getting me new sneakers and workout gear for christmas. So will leave the bag packed up and give to the BF for him to wrap it all up together with their gift.

Well, I feel better now. THis is better than a shrink!!! ;)

I am so sorry... I totally sympathize. People are just awful sometimes. I got cut off the other day and the guy just sorta waved. So I waved back to show that it was ok no hard feelings. He pulls up next to me at the next light and yells through my window "Hey B*tch...did your husband buy you that car?". I was mortified and just stunned... it came from nowhere. The ironic thing being I bought my own car and I paid for my husbands too. But seriously 2 weeks before Xmas you would think people would try to be nicer.

Ditto to what Ryry said... you handled it with class.

Last edited:
Thanks ladies, and Chinsumo too! I do the best I can to keep my little guy from disturbing the peace when we go out, but I can't see the biddies who scold him when he isn't really bothering anybody or anything. Maybe he makes them uncomfortable, but that isn't HIS problem. It is hers. When we were on vacation at a resort someone told my older son not to chase his brother, and he was so embarrassed bc he was trying to get him to sit down while I got our food. So I told him to say to the next rude person who butts in, "sorry, I'm helping my single mother take care of my autistic brother, so unless you'd like to help, I have to go..." Some people just need to learn that the store, restaurant, etc does not belong to THEM personally, and they need to mind their own beeswax as we used to say when we were little!

Pikeeyegirl, it is still stunning when they do that stuff, isn't it, even though we know we shouldn't be suprised! I can't believe how uncivil people have become. I mean, we don't even pretend anymore!

Maybe your guy was married to my lady? ;)

Will add one more note, we went to the city today and on the train a nice older woman talked to the boys the entire way and was charmed by my son's oddities. It didn't bother her one bit. She didn't even ask about it. To her, that was just him I guess! There are still nice people in the world, thankfully more nice ones than nasty!

Maybe your guy was married to my lady?

Maybe. The worst part being he was cute and I first thought he was going to flirt with me and I was all set to smile and tell him I was married....LOL. I turned bright red!

You sound like an incredible mom. I hope the rest of your holiday seaon is filled with a lot of love, luck, and happiness.