OFFICIAL word on my Nikki Navy Luxe from FLL

confused!!!

Good evening,

As you may already be aware, or perhaps suspicious, it has come to our attention that the bag shipped to you was NOT a Navy Luxe Nikki. Rather, the bags we received from Rebecca Minkoff and shipped were Iris. While the packing list on our shipment and the tags on the bags did indeed indicate that they were Navy Luxe, a few customers noticed that the bags looked more like Iris. We sent one Nikki that we had received to Rebecca Minkoff and they confirmed visually and with the factory that indeed, it was a Iris Nikki.

We do apologize for this inconvenience. We’ve made arrangements with Rebecca Minkoff to receive the correct Nikki’s (which were shipped today) and will have them hopefully by Friday, if not Monday, available for shipment to any customer who elects to exchange the bag. Obviously there will be no charge for any shipping and if you selected expedited shipping with your original order we will re-ship your correct bag with that same service.

As we do not personally have any pictures of the Navy Luxe, I’ve borrowed a swatch from The Purse Blog. Attached you will find a swatch of the Navy Luxe and of the Iris. PLEASE NOTE: These pictures were NOT taken by the same camera, on the same day, or obviously with the same lighting. I have only seen the Iris, I have not seen the Navy Luxe, so I say the following based on my conversations with others. The Navy Luxe is darker than the Iris, it is more of a true Navy, whereas the Iris is a lighter blue. The Navy Luxe also appears to have more of a matte finish. As far as the texture of the leather goes, I do not have any information.

If you’ve not yet received your Iris Nikki, or if your Iris Nikki is unused, here’s how we’d like to proceed:
1. If you would like to KEEP the Iris Nikki that you received, please just reply to this email indicating that you have decided to keep the bag. No further action is required, just please accept our apologies for the confusion and most importantly, we’re happy that you’re happy.
OR
2. If you would like to EXCHANGE your Iris Nikki for an actual Navy Luxe Nikki, please reply to this email indicating that you would like to exchange your bag. First we will send you a return shipping label. This will be a prepaid UPS label (we’ll include a short list of nearby locations where you can drop your return). When you send your bag back, please make sure you package the bag in its dust bag and then carefully in the box to avoid any damage in transit – this is really important as we cannot accept responsibility for damage in transit if your return is not packaged cautiously. We recommend shipping the bag in the original materials we sent it in.
a. For established customers, we will cross-ship your Navy Luxe Nikki. This means we will ship your Navy Luxe Nikki prior to receiving your Iris Nikki. *Please see below for conditions of cross-ship.
b. For new customers, if you would like your order cross-shipped, we respectfully ask that you understand that we will need to post a charge to your payment method for the price of the bag. Once we receive the exchange item, we will refund the charge within 24 hours. Alternatively, we can hold your Navy Luxe Nikki until your return is received and no additional charges will be requested and your new item will be shipped within 24 hours of receipt of your exchange item.

We will hold the Navy Luxe Nikki’s pending responses from all of our customers, however, we do request you respond at your earliest convenience. Regretfully, we cannot accept used items despite this error. If you have used your Iris Nikki and would like to discuss the matter, please do email me and we can handle your situation individually.

Thanks so much for your time, and again, apologies for the confusion and trouble and to any of you that have worried over this situation.

*Cross-Ship Conditions:
If we cross-ship your exchange, we must receive notice from UPS that the Iris Nikki has been shipped (this will be generated automatically when you drop your package with UPS). If we do not receive notice of shipment within 3 days (excluding Saturday and Sunday), we will need to process a charge for the price of the bag with your existing payment method. Upon receipt of the Iris Nikki we will promptly refund the charge.

Have a lovely evening,
Lizzy

^ i'm confused too?

but savvy it's a relief to know the mistaken color swap wasn't an indicator that we all needed to get our eyes checked. :supacool:

iris and navy are equally stunning but for your purposes and expectations, i am so glad you're going to finally get your true deep, dark navy luxe. :wlae:

Savy, I"m so glad to hear that it all worked out!

I just LOVE LOVE my Nikki's but am extremely fussy in the color/leather I like. I can totally understand your situation.

Here's to a happy ending!

RE: the email from Lizzy, sounds like those who mistakenly got Iris bags instead of Navy Luxe can exchange them by replying to Lizzy's email. Those who want to keep Iris can disregard.

If you haven't gotten your Iris bag yet and are a previous FLL customer, you can ask them to send you Navy Luxe out right away and you will send the one you don't want back when you get them both. If you are a first time customer, they will have to charge your card to send out NL and then refund you when they get back the bag you don't want.

Is that correct?

Savvy.. where are your pictures posted? I want to see them too..
I posted them in the Royal. Vs. Iris. Vs Navy Luxe thread. I do not know how to paste the thread but it is in there.

Thanks Dee! I am very happy! Yes.Lizzy is awesome. She officially has my business for all RM bags from now on!

This is what Cory just wrote to me today about this too:

Hello XXX,

I will try and post a swatch of the chocolate Nikki on TPF for all. I did want you to as well know I looked into the Iris/ Navy Luxe dilemma, as the bags that were shipped out were in fact Iris. I personally inspected one of the bag sent to Funky LaLa and it was in fact Iris, we are partnering with Funky Lala to replace these bags for all customer that are unhappy with the color, as well as a free gift for this mishap. If you are not 100% happy with your bag from Funk LaLa, you may exchange this and receive a TRUE navy Luxe bag.

I am glad we resolved the color issue.

Please do let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you so much!

Best,

I took off my other questions in regards to my Choco Nikki...which I am still planning to order. I just love the Nikki sooooo much...I cannot give up on it.