Official tPF Holiday Exchange Reveal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK....my fabulous buddy was the fabulous Pat aka Boxermom!!! Since I am organizing the exchange and keeping track of everyone and everything I always know who my buddy is that is sending to me (although I think I found a way around this for future exchange - Elfster has made updates to the website)....so that piece of the exchange isn't a surprise...but rather the joy of the exchanges (for me anyways) is trying to get to know someone else and buy things that I think the other person will love! OK...I'm gonna get all teary LOL

Anyhow....for the holiday exchanges I remember getting asked questions about my decorating scheme in my house. Well, it really is a hodge-podge....I'd love to do a Martha Stewart and every year I say I am going to do it, and never do. I start pulling out ornaments that I made in kindergarten and that hubby made in grade school and can just never do the Martha Stewart tree. However, every year I try to buy a couple new ornaments and decorations that have a Martha Stewart element to them (usually buy them after Christmas so they're on sale LOL) and slowly weed out the junky ornaments (so maybe in 15 years I'll eventually have the Martha Stewart house!). Well....Ms. Pat surprised me with some very beautiful Martha Stewart-esque holiday decorations....which I promptly put up on the mantle just now!!!

Thank you Pat!!!! I really love them....and I've got them up on the mantle next to my stocking holders! Every year I will pull these out and remember you and this holiday exchange *HUGS*

OK....pics and descriptions!

Hmmmm what's inside???

100_0144.jpg

Some boxes and a bag...so festive!

100_0145.jpg

The tag on the bag said it was from a local shop (I always LOVE when people include something that represents who they are/where they live!)

100_0146.jpg

Inside was some beautiful smelling soap (it smells divine) from the Coastal Carolinas (I've never been there either!!!!) called Sea Turtle soap! It smells very cinnamon-y (if that's a word LOL)

100_0150.jpg

Box #1...what could it be?

100_0151.jpg

Inside were two candle holders decorated with holly! They're so pretty I am afraid to use them LOL

100_0152.jpg

More on next post....

Another box with a cute Christmas card...

100_0153.jpg

Inside was the most beautiful Christmas tree....the details are so beautiful on this! It's gorgeous!!!!! I put it right in the center of my mantle (I know it belongs better as a table centerpiece, but my cats would probably jump up and try to eat it....so the mantle is the safest place!)

100_0154.jpg

Here is a shot of everything I received today!!!

100_0155.jpg

THANK YOU AGAIN PAT!!!!!!! *HUGS*

OK and DH is saying I need to get everyone in the holiday spirit by showing off one of our inflatables (see I can't totally make the transition to Martha Stewart...I love these inflatables too much LOL)

100_0140.jpg

100_0139.jpg

I have two more in the yard but he didn't snap a pic of them last night LOL

whew! *wiping sweat from brow* I was really worried you wouldn't like what I sent because none of it was on the wish list. But they will look nice anywhere in your house. The little tree has a faint fragrance to it--that might attract kitties.

I loved being your buddy/secret Santa, even tho you knew all along who it was.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my dear Twiggers :smile:

p.s. I think those inflatables are the most fun! Our previous neighborhood had some and I always liked driving by after dark. No one does it where we live now :sad:

whew! *wiping sweat from brow* I was really worried you wouldn't like what I sent because none of it was on the wish list. But they will look nice anywhere in your house. The little tree has a faint fragrance to it--that might attract kitties.

I loved being your buddy/secret Santa, even tho you knew all along who it was.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my dear Twiggers :smile:

p.s. I think those inflatables are the most fun! Our previous neighborhood had some and I always liked driving by after dark. No one does it where we live now :sad:

Oh goodness Pat...that is the best gift...when someone buys something thinking of you (wishlists can be overrated LOL)!!! I've got the tree up on the mantle, and they've never made it up there before, so it should be safe LOL (they're kind of fat....so jumping really high isn't something they are good at LOL)!

I am still not sure who my Santa is , She rocks who ever she is ! I got the cutest gifts ever !
47b7cc23b3127cceb142f2d702de00000026100AZuG7Jk2atWMg
[
47b7cc23b3127cceb142f2d502dc00000026100AZuG7Jk2atWMg

47b7cc23b3127cceb142f338c39900000026100AZuG7Jk2atWMg

47b7cc23b3127cceb142f016021e00000026100AZuG7Jk2atWMg

47b7cc23b3127cceb142f0d602de00000026100AZuG7Jk2atWMg

I could not believe all the awesome stuff Santa got me:yahoo:
Who ever my Sanat is thanks so much ! I loved everything! :yahoo:
Sorry some of the picutres are a little fuzzy , I have misplaced my normal camera and I had to use my video camera to take these pics

Status
Not open for further replies.