Official Resort 2010/2011 thread: post pics and discuss!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
    I have some pics, but not too many details yet. I'll post them soon.

Let's start with a link to the wonderful Resort bag Ferragamo sent to Megs and Vlad. They took some luscious pictures and wrote a story about it here: http://www.purseblog.com/ferragamo/gallery-ferragamo-for-resort.html

Also, here is a shot of that same bag and a tan color made from Struzzo, ooo la la!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Here are some pics of the Resort W bags. This is a brand new style for Ferragamo...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Here is a Hobo and a couple of totes in an un-named collection family:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. This is a Sofia: :love:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. loveeeeeee love love!

6. The new W bags look great in person. If you're looking for a briefcase alternative I'd check them out.

7. I love the Sophia in post #4! Beautiful!!

8. these are lovely.

Thx for posting pics !

9. I was just at a Ferragamo boutique yesterday and Resort is still coming into the boutiques. They get items later than other designers...hard to get used to. I asked for the white resort bag in the first post to be transferred in for me to see. It seems from what I could peek at on the order sheet that California ordered the bulk of the Resort items. I forgot to ask about the twill Sofia, darn!

10. #10 Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
    My new (and very first!) Ferragamo handbag!!! (Resort W)--I fell in love with the gorgeous soft, red leather 3 weeks ago and have been obsessed with deep red purses ever since! Here are a few pictures (which make the bag look more orange-based than blue based...but it is a richer red--the pictures don't do the color justice!)

Do any of you recommend a leather treatment on Ferragamo bags? Or how to clean if something does happen? Or should I hold off? Please let me know ASAP--because I am traveling to my parents house this Friday and want to use it on the plane (it's unbelievable roomy inside!) but don't want to ruin it! Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Wow!!! What a gorgeous bag!! Congrats!!

My SA at an outlet told me they used Kiwi leather conditioner at the outlet. I have not yet tried that.

12. Well, not a wonder you were made obsessed by this red bag. :greengrin: i am simply pea green! surely, it's the most beautiful baby in the world. i'd have to kiss it and tuck it in at night with a bedtime story.

13. jfg5018 - I was at the Ferragamo boutique (I cannot stay away!) and they are calling this the "Soft W." It opens up wider and is more supple than the "W." I saw the red one, gorgeous. You sure picked a good one as a first bag, hehe!

I would not condition the leather when it is new. Ferragamo already treats it.

14. Ah! Thank you so much for the tip--I have been scouring the forum postings for tips on Apple Products versus Lovin' My Purse etc etc

I am a fairly klutsy person and my purses definitely take a beating---
    Just to be clear....I should NOT pre-treat with a rain repellent (such as Apple Garde or the LMP product?)

Thanks again!

15. It depends on how brave you are. I have used AppleGarde spray on calf and lamb leather bags with success. But I would always hang the bag inside, out of sunlight, to dry. Some of my lighter bags darkened slightly. The big issue is silicone. Never use anything with silicone because it will clog the leather pores.