Official piercings thread

I used to work at a tattoo and piercing shop when I was in college as a counter girl, and I’ve always loved body modifications!

I’ve taken out so many now at this point, but here are my ears currently!

Your jewelry choices are lovely! Everything is very clean and simple, but together it makes a statement.

--

This is not the most recent picture of my left ear (I recently added an additional lobe piercing), but I wanted to show off my favorite piece of jewelry and my favorite piercing - an Eden Pear from BVLA customized with amethyst and iolite stones, and plated with black rhodium.

Attachments

• IMG_20190417_125153_485.jpg
    IMG_20190417_125153_485.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 134
I had my septum (12g) pierced for 12 years, but I took it out last April. I had the perfect size piercing in there for the longest time that was easy to flip up and everything, but then the stupid ball fell off in the shower (slowly rolled down the drain in enough time for me to be aw-struck but not actually grab it :annoyed:) and I couldn't find a new one to fit it. So I ended up buying a new piece of jewelry and it just wasn't the same. I got bronchitis a couple of times this year and I had a mini freak out and felt like I couldn't breath so I took it out (also threw away the jewelry piece lol) and didn't put it back. :whut: Not even sure if the hole has closed up. Lol. I kind of miss it so I might re-pierce it or get another piece of jewelry for it anyways. I usually had it flipped up so you couldn't see it, but it was always a nice option.
I have had my ears pierced for 11 years (4g). They're rubber so comfy going to bed. I never had a regular piercing in there but all the cute jewelry makes me want to make them smaller, however I am so use to the size I don't think I could go with a regular one at this point! :lol:
I got my helix done about a year and a half ago. I think next I would like to do an Orbital piercing. Something to...even out the ear a bit? :giggle:
IMG_6272.jpg

Reactions: avcbob
I have four erotic body piercings, (top to bottom):

- Tongue barbell, 14 gauge. 1997
- 2 nipple rings (captive bead) 12 gauge, rainbow surgical stainless steel with niobium balls. Pierced 1988, stretched 1992
- Prince Albert, (captive bead) 18 gauge, surgical stainless steel, including the ball. 1995

Due to the ToS of the Purse Forum, I am forbidden to post any pics of them. :sad:

Last edited:
My DD got her cartilage pierced 3 weeks ago. They said to wait 3 weeks before changing earring. What does everyone recommend? I feel that she should wait longer. She is not having any issues with it.

My DD got her cartilage pierced 3 weeks ago. They said to wait 3 weeks before changing earring. What does everyone recommend? I feel that she should wait longer. She is not having any issues with it.

It sounds like it's safe especially that she is not having any problems with it. :smile:

I've wanted my lobes pierced for a long time--like years and years--and I'm finally going to do it. I'm going to an actual piercer, so they'll be pierced with needles. Can I get hoops for my starters do they they still have to be studs?

Your jewelry choices are lovely! Everything is very clean and simple, but together it makes a statement.

--

This is not the most recent picture of my left ear (I recently added an additional lobe piercing), but I wanted to show off my favorite piece of jewelry and my favorite piercing - an Eden Pear from BVLA customized with amethyst and iolite stones, and plated with black rhodium.
I love bvla, almost all of 15 piercings were done with them except a pupil hall piece and Maria Tash (horrible QC and I was at their London shop and also ordered off nap which was promptly returned without going to piercer to use).

The saddest for my wallet was when I lost 2 marquis fans (it was near 500 even after discount plus taxes) after a trunk show of all things…
I've wanted my lobes pierced for a long time--like years and years--and I'm finally going to do it. I'm going to an actual piercer, so they'll be pierced with needles. Can I get hoops for my starters do they they still have to be studs?
your piercer will be able to best guide (provided they’re reputable, most goes off app alone but I also like to look at their work/reviews).

Personally I do curved bar bells before changing them to hoops. Eg my anti-tragus was done that way. I really wanted a hoop to start but was recommended curve bar bell. End of the day it worked out better, the smallest hoop I placed it in was still too big so i ended up having to get a customized one anyway.

Reactions: ultravisitor
I love bvla, almost all of 15 piercings were done with them except a pupil hall piece and Maria Tash (horrible QC and I was at their London shop and also ordered off nap which was promptly returned without going to piercer to use).

The saddest for my wallet was when I lost 2 marquis fans (it was near 500 even after discount plus taxes) after a trunk show of all things…

your piercer will be able to best guide (provided they’re reputable, most goes off app alone but I also like to look at their work/reviews).

Personally I do curved bar bells before changing them to hoops. Eg my anti-tragus was done that way. I really wanted a hoop to start but was recommended curve bar bell. End of the day it worked out better, the smallest hoop I placed it in was still too big so i ended up having to get a customized one anyway.
Maria tash is great

I have a lot of her jewelry

Maria tash is great

I have a lot of her jewelry
Her jewelry looks gorgeous but in my experience no.

Just personally I feel the quality / construction from bvla and pupil hall beats it.

I would love more pupil hall pieces… am taking a break from new piercings (don’t have the anatomy to support a rook which I really want and a faux rook, which I got, while I like, isn’t same) and new pieces but I would get hers.

ETA it’s been a few years easy since my last piercing and purchase so Maria tash may be better but from my experience I hesitate when there’s bvla and others, and apparently they’ve collaborated or when I googled pupil hall there is a pupil hall x bvla which is good for her. Her designs are awesome.

Last edited:
Her jewelry looks gorgeous but in my experience no.

Just personally I feel the quality / construction from bvla and pupil hall beats it.

I would love more pupil hall pieces… am taking a break from new piercings (don’t have the anatomy to support a rook which I really want and a faux rook, which I got, while I like, isn’t same) and new pieces but I would get hers.

ETA it’s been a few years easy since my last piercing and purchase so Maria tash may be better but from my experience I hesitate when there’s bvla and others, and apparently they’ve collaborated or when I googled pupil hall there is a pupil hall x bvla which is good for her. Her designs are awesome.
I Want to get a rook and daith on both sides and I actually have something from her picked out for them i just need to do it