Official MOYNAT Thread

Yes, she said she cancelled because when she went back from holidays she didnt expect France to be in a new lockdown so she said if i want it, i will have to wait for one month until France goes out of lockdown again.

That is too bad.

But at least you still have a chance to get the bag if you still want it.

Meanwhile, we will find out if M will accept SO for the Gabrielle Reporter. If they do, that opens up more options :smile:

• Love
Reactions: Yinglin
I tried to post a photo on my previous post but seems not working correctly.
Anyway, I would like to share with you my customized tote which features my 3 beloved cats ☺☺☺View attachment 5045723View attachment 5045724
The artist painted my cats according to the photos of my cats, and i requested to highlight the different eye colours and facial expressions of my 3 cats. I am extremely pleased with the result ☺☺☺
Love this!!! Now you are making me want one with the faces of my kitties!

Haha you are totally right! Mini rejane in barenia is growing on me but the Gaby has won my heart ~~ Too bad i feel pressured to buy the bags i love before they are gone :-/

Im a Kelly girl but i personally find a birkin in barenia and gold hw the perfect bag lol
I have been in love with Celine classic in natural calf for a long time because i love the colour and I buy into the “each scratch has a history” theory lol BUT with that said, I have never owned such leather and I dont know if i would regret it...specially at such price tag. I dont like the stress of worrying to baby a bag, I live in Shanghai, a super humid city and it rains quite often even during Summer so thats a big con...i feel eventually i will get the Rejane bb but at this moment im in love with the Gaby/gabrielle clasp. I cant believe it is not being used as Moynat iconic clasp and specially in SLGs. Chanel and Hermes have iconic clasps, the Moynat clasp is practical, beautiful and very different so i feel disappointed Moynat is not using it across their styles. The new HW is too big too loud too chunky and too cheap looking despite the leather quality and craftmanship still looking impeccable...such a pity :-/

I love the clutch but i dont like how thin it is in the bottom. Id rather have a flat bottom like the mini Kelly instead of an envelope type of clutch like the Moynat Gabrielle. With that said, id love one in a bright colour lol
Have you thought about a Rejane clutch? I have one in peacock with palladium hardware and love it (along with every Rejane variation that Ramesh designed!) It has a really unique shape and its simple elegance works well for both day and evening in my opinion. I am happy to post photos if you are interested.

Have you thought about a Rejane clutch? I have one in peacock with palladium hardware and love it (along with every Rejane variation that Ramesh designed!) It has a really unique shape and its simple elegance works well for both day and evening in my opinion. I am happy to post photos if you are interested.

I am not trying to hijack a conversation meant for Yinglin, but can I join in? I am going through a similar decision-making process and it would be really helpful to see pictures of the Rejane clutch.

Do you mean the Rejane opera or the Rejane evening? If you are ok with sharing, it would be much appreciated.

Major eye candy from my SA. Anyone have experience with Moynat’s exotic skin pieces? How is the quality compared to other brands?
View attachment 5046618

I haven’t purchased an exotic from Moynat but I’ve looked at them closely. Of course these were Ramesh era bags. My impression is/was that they are equal or better than Hermes’. Some too had hand painting that was just stunning! Very special! Hope this helps!

Reactions: m_ichele
I am not trying to hijack a conversation meant for Yinglin, but can I join in? I am going through a similar decision-making process and it would be really helpful to see pictures of the Rejane clutch.

Do you mean the Rejane opera or the Rejane evening? If you are ok with sharing, it would be much appreciated.
I have the Rejane opera. Here are some quick photos including a comparison with my other favorite clutch the Hermes egee so you can get a better sense of the overall size and proportions. I hope this is helpful! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• Rejane opera vs. Hermes egee.jpg
    Rejane opera vs. Hermes egee.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Rejane opera-1.jpg
    Rejane opera-1.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Rejane opera-3.jpg
    Rejane opera-3.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Rejane opera-2.jpg
    Rejane opera-2.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Rejane opera-4.jpg
    Rejane opera-4.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 53
I want a Rejane in barenia too!!

I’m asking my SA about an SO Gabrielle Reporter in carat calf. Still waiting to hear back if they can do it, and if not, I may as well do an SO Rejane in natural calf, perhaps in storm! Shown here in the photo is eggplant, kaki and storm in natural calf.

Hello everyone. I’ve been reading this thread for a while. Like most of you I adore the Ramesh creations and am disappointed with the direction the brand may be heading. I can’t agree more with thebaghag’s IG post yesterday. To me the Flori is the only okay bag from the new collection, but I really am not sure about the buckle...
So do I!
I didn’t know natural calf was availble in so many colours. Storm looks gogeous.

I have the Rejane opera. Here are some quick photos including a comparison with my other favorite clutch the Hermes egee so you can get a better sense of the overall size and proportions. I hope this is helpful! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you! The size comparison is really helpful.

Do you find the lack of a strap/chain to be an issue at all?

I love the simple elegance of this clutch - if only I had a clutch lifestyle. The only thing hold me back on this was the lack of a chain/top handle. I'm clumsy and can totally see this flying out of my arm or forgetting it somewhere :shocked:

Thank you! The size comparison is really helpful.

Do you find the lack of a strap/chain to be an issue at all?
It has not been an issue for me, but I am used to carrying clutches that do not have a strap. If you are seriously considering this style, 24S still has Rejane operas available in peacock and black at a discounted price of $1680 USD. They don't appear if you click on the Moynat link under their brands, but if you type "Moynat" into the search field you will see them. For some reason, they are listed as "Rejane Pouch" instead of Rejane Opera on 24S. If I didn't already have a black box egee that is similar in size, I would jump on this amazing price and buy the black one. I am still thinking about buying it even though I definitely do not need it - LOL! I cannot think of any other clutch with this caliber of design and craftsmanship that could be purchased for less.

I love the simple elegance of this clutch - if only I had a clutch lifestyle. The only thing hold me back on this was the lack of a chain/top handle. I'm clumsy and can totally see this flying out of my arm or forgetting it somewhere :shocked:
It is definitely a personal preference in terms of what you are comfortable carrying. I don't like tiny clutches for the reasons that you mentioned. For me, I feel that this one is large enough for me not to lose track of it. The shape is really unique, but the Rejane evening would also be fabulous especially if you really prefer to have a strap. I am not sure if there are any of those still available or whether they were included in the legacy sale. If so, I would be tempted!

Reactions: Bagaholic222
It has not been an issue for me, but I am used to carrying clutches that do not have a strap. If you are seriously considering this style, 24S still has Rejane operas available in peacock and black at a discounted price of $1680 USD. They don't appear if you click on the Moynat link under their brands, but if you type "Moynat" into the search field you will see them. For some reason, they are listed as "Rejane Pouch" instead of Rejane Opera on 24S. If I didn't already have a black box egee that is similar in size, I would jump on this amazing price and buy the black one. I am still thinking about buying it even though I definitely do not need it - LOL! I cannot think of any other clutch with this caliber of design and craftsmanship that could be purchased for less.

Thank you for the tip!

Sadly, I seem to have missed the sale. The Rejane clutch shows up under a 24S search but not at a discounted rate. I think they had an “Ultimate10” Promo going on a few weeks back but this no longer appears under the bag.

Still, it’s an elegant bag and I am now torn between the Gabrielle Clutch and the Rejane Clutch. Given the lack of going out options for the foreseeable future, perhaps the Gabrielle Clutch makes more sense as it can also be worn as a crossbody bag?
Decisions, decisions...

Thank you for the tip!

Sadly, I seem to have missed the sale. The Rejane clutch shows up under a 24S search but not at a discounted rate. I think they had an “Ultimate10” Promo going on a few weeks back but this no longer appears under the bag.

Still, it’s an elegant bag and I am now torn between the Gabrielle Clutch and the Rejane Clutch. Given the lack of going out options for the foreseeable future, perhaps the Gabrielle Clutch makes more sense as it can also be worn as a crossbody bag?
Decisions, decisions...
The current $1680 price is discounted significantly from the original price for the Rejane opera. For all of the "legacy" styles that were put on sale in Moynat boutiques, 24S reduced the price online without indicating that they are "on sale" or that they had a higher price previously. It is the same for the Josephines and other styles that are still remaining on 24S - they are not designated as being on sale, but the prices are significantly reduced. I think most of them are currently in the range of 40-50% off of the original US prices. You are correct though that there was an "Ultimate10" promo on 24S recently. I don't know how often those additional discounts are offered. Maybe they will have a similar offer soon?

As for the Gabrielle vs. Rejane clutches, I would go with whichever one you think you would love most in the long term even if you don't think you will use it a lot in the coming months. We will be back to normal at some point and I hope that will be sooner rather than later. This past year has taken so much fun out of our everyday lives that I decided to start using my beloved bags again recently whenever I go out. They are meant to be enjoyed! I am just very careful with how I handle them to make sure that they are not damaged by hand sanitizer, water, etc. Using them makes me happy!