Official MOYNAT Thread

Sorry for the quality of the image but here's a quick selfie for size! Also, I noticed this weekend, the bottom is reinforced which prevents sagging and helps her keep her shape!

Gorgeous! This tote looks fantastic on you!!!!!!!
I've got this thing for black bags- I really like the black leather with the grey, blue and true white (w/ black accents) tote. The colors work really well together.

Last edited:
Gorgeous! This tote looks fantastic on you!!!!!!!
I've got this thing for black bags- I really like the black leather with the grey, blue and true white (w/ black accents) tote. The colors work really well together.
Thanks!! I originally wanted the one with the blue trim but they sent me a picture of this one too and I just couldn't pass the black up!

I don't know if you any of you know about this, but I'd like to share the news that Barney's New York now carries Moynat handbags and some SLGs, so I think it might be helpful for people who want to purchase but don't live near by the boutiques.

It shows better stocck photos and details (inside and back) and what looks like on person.

I'm currently lusting after the Gabrielle pm, but I wish they could make it in taurillon leather.

Here is the link:
https://www.barneys.com/designer/moynat-paris/women/N-1hwhbupZ1mipr5a

Hello! I'm going to Paris for a quick trip this weekend and have been wanting to pick up a good coated canvas shopping/tote bag. I'm not too keen on LV and I know Goyard isn't very durable, so I think it's between Faure Le Page's Daily Battle and Moynat's Cabas Initial bag.
I was just wondering if anyone with experience has an opinion on which I should go for? Thanks for your help! :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Congrats! Nice bag. I hope to visit the store in a few months. Did you get a box with your bag? They just shipped me the Pauline but it did not come with a box....only a dust bag. Is it common for them not to provide a box for their handbags? I typically get a box with bags of this quality.
Hiiii! I have two rejanes, and they did not come with a box. I hope one day that changes, but the answer is no... they don't come with boxes. I got mine in Tokyo and Hong Kong

Cool! I live in the Dallas, TX area and have never seen a Moynat, and I kind of like that. EVERYONE has a Louis Vuitton, you see them everywhere on everyone. And I'm beginning to see a lot of Goyards. The SA at a LV store did notice my Pauline and commented on it, but she had never heard of Moynat. But she noticed the quality.
I get tons of compliments on my rejanes too! No one knows what it is... :smile:

The current creative director of Moynat used to be the creative director for hermes for many many years. That's why Moynat bags are sooooo perfect.

Hiiii! I have two rejanes, and they did not come with a box. I hope one day that changes, but the answer is no... they don't come with boxes. I got mine in Tokyo and Hong Kong

My experience is if you purchase in the store then they will not come with boxes. However, if you get your bag shipped to you then you can request a box in advance (at least from the mothership store in Paris).

That is weird. All my bags came with boxes. They use to have one size for the boxes. Recently i was told they're making smaller boxes for the smaller bags. Mine are all bought in London. Even the small leather goods and scarf came with boxes.

Reactions: lulilu
That is weird. All my bags came with boxes. They use to have one size for the boxes. Recently i was told they're making smaller boxes for the smaller bags. Mine are all bought in London. Even the small leather goods and scarf came with boxes.

Hmmm interesting, I purchased my Gabrielle in London store too but I didn't get a box with it. Only when I request from the Paris store through mail they will send me the bag with the box.

I have good news and bad news.
The bad news: I spotted Moynat bags and accessories on Barney's website.
The good news: I spotted Moynat bags and accessories on Barney's website.

Pro: In the middle of a sleepless night, I can see what items look like without texting photos and comments back and forth in the morning, w/ my SA.
Con: I think this marketing move takes away from the brand mystery and exclusivity. Bummer.
???: Will they lower the quality? How will this affect the SA's and their financial bottom line?

I am a little saddened by this move. It was probably inevitable, but I still don't like it.