Official MOYNAT Thread

Yes they do have really nice exotics and their craftsmanship is really impeccable!

I showed my husband the mini Gabrielle last night and he was not into the buckle (he likes Rejane and Pauline) :sad: So not sure I will go ahead and plan to purchase one, but at the same time I really want to try other Moynat bags than Rejane, sigh!
Have you considered the Paradis model? There is something about the shape that is very pleasing from the pictures. I haven't looked at it in person, but don't think it has a hands-free option; it has a zipper top, but seems easier to access contents than Pauline or Ballerine. I plan on checking it out. As far as the clasp on the Gabrielle goes, it is a really cool design IMO because you just squeeze with thumb and index to open. Nevertheless understand fully that as it is quite prominent on the front of the bag, if it is not to your taste it would get to be annoying.

Have you considered the Paradis model? There is something about the shape that is very pleasing from the pictures. I haven't looked at it in person, but don't think it has a hands-free option; it has a zipper top, but seems easier to access contents than Pauline or Ballerine. I plan on checking it out. As far as the clasp on the Gabrielle goes, it is a really cool design IMO because you just squeeze with thumb and index to open. Nevertheless understand fully that as it is quite prominent on the front of the bag, if it is not to your taste it would get to be annoying.
I haven't considered Paradis so far because I need a bag with shoulder strap (unfortunately) so I was looking mostly into Pauline. I was not a fan of the zipper pull but maybe it will still be ok (just maybe).

I did not consider Gabrielle in the beginning but the mini size somehow grabbed my attention and I like the proportion of the clasp and the whole bag. Well, I might still consider it and would love to check it in person. I already own 3 Rejane so really want to explore more of their bag ranges. I still like Pauline and think I will try to check if the zipper will work for me or not :smile:

I haven't considered Paradis so far because I need a bag with shoulder strap (unfortunately) so I was looking mostly into Pauline. I was not a fan of the zipper pull but maybe it will still be ok (just maybe).

I did not consider Gabrielle in the beginning but the mini size somehow grabbed my attention and I like the proportion of the clasp and the whole bag. Well, I might still consider it and would love to check it in person. I already own 3 Rejane so really want to explore more of their bag ranges. I still like Pauline and think I will try to check if the zipper will work for me or not :smile:

I have a few Moynat bags and the Pauline is by far my least favorite - I really, really hate the zipper. Not that it's a bad zipper - it's a nice zipper, but it requires two hands to operate and combined with the east/west profile of the bag it makes it an impractical city bag IMO.

But the Gabrielle is amazing! It's very light, easy to get into, the strap works cross-body, and it has a nice capacity. The Paradis is also really beautiful but it's a completely different animal than the others you mention.

I have a few Moynat bags and the Pauline is by far my least favorite - I really, really hate the zipper. Not that it's a bad zipper - it's a nice zipper, but it requires two hands to operate and combined with the east/west profile of the bag it makes it an impractical city bag IMO.

But the Gabrielle is amazing! It's very light, easy to get into, the strap works cross-body, and it has a nice capacity. The Paradis is also really beautiful but it's a completely different animal than the others you mention.
Thank you for your feedback on Pauline dear bagnut1! Yes that's also what I am worried about - the impractical zipper on Pauline!! Maybe we should reflect that to Moynat so they can consider changing the design somehow......

I like Gabrielle too! Just a shame that my DH is not sharing my love for it......Really want to try another Moynat bag than Rejane though :sad:

Thank you for your feedback on Pauline dear bagnut1! Yes that's also what I am worried about - the impractical zipper on Pauline!! Maybe we should reflect that to Moynat so they can consider changing the design somehow......

I like Gabrielle too! Just a shame that my DH is not sharing my love for it......Really want to try another Moynat bag than Rejane though :sad:

i've tried the Gabrielle as i too wanted to buy a new moynat bag other than a rejane i had. they are just so well-made! hehe
but my partner felt that it looked too mature on me and i didn't like it too.
i feel that if you're waffling over whether or not to buy something, could there be a possibility that you didn't love it much and it's better to keep those moolah for something else you absolutely love and discover later.

i've tried the Gabrielle as i too wanted to buy a new moynat bag other than a rejane i had. they are just so well-made! hehe
but my partner felt that it looked too mature on me and i didn't like it too.
i feel that if you're waffling over whether or not to buy something, could there be a possibility that you didn't love it much and it's better to keep those moolah for something else you absolutely love and discover later.

I think you are absolutely right, I should wait patiently until the bag shows up and makes my heart sing! Hope they will introduce more bags in the future!

How about the Danse? It's more floppy/casual but still very chic. Love mine and it gets tons of compliments.

Isn't Danse only made in suede? I personally like more structured bags so I haven't considered it yet. I actually haven't seen it in person!

Maybe you can share a few photos of yours when you have time? Would love to see how you wear it :smile:

Thank you for your conversation about the Pauline, it is wonderful to read others' opinions. I'm considering a Rejane or Ballarine, but having a tough time not seeing them in real life prior to purchasing one. I bought a Limousine, but the straps were too short for short term shoulder carry, so I sent it back. The leather and workmanship is beautiful!

I guess they recently had a price increase, so now I'm not in an emotional rush to decide on an alternate bag. I have a bit of time before the next increase.

Do you either of you have a Quattro? If so, how do you like it? I was thinking about dipping my toe in Moynat waters with one.

Thank you for your conversation about the Pauline, it is wonderful to read others' opinions. I'm considering a Rejane or Ballarine, but having a tough time not seeing them in real life prior to purchasing one. I bought a Limousine, but the straps were too short for short term shoulder carry, so I sent it back. The leather and workmanship is beautiful!

I guess they recently had a price increase, so now I'm not in an emotional rush to decide on an alternate bag. I have a bit of time before the next increase.

Do you either of you have a Quattro? If so, how do you like it? I was thinking about dipping my toe in Moynat waters with one.
The quattro is a fabulous bag - having the option of comfortable handheld and shoulder carrying is so great and they are lightweight. And the reversible leather version gives many options. I usually carry a fairly large (~35 cm) handbag but on some days I have "overflow" - and it almost always goes into a quattro.

Isn't Danse only made in suede? I personally like more structured bags so I haven't considered it yet. I actually haven't seen it in person!

Maybe you can share a few photos of yours when you have time? Would love to see how you wear it :smile:
When the Dance was introduced there was a smooth leather version, I'm not sure if it is still current. Will try to take a snap next time I break mine out (unfortunately winter isn't the best time for the nubuck leather).

The quattro is a fabulous bag - having the option of comfortable handheld and shoulder carrying is so great and they are lightweight. And the reversible leather version gives many options. I usually carry a fairly large (~35 cm) handbag but on some days I have "overflow" - and it almost always goes into a quattro.

Thank you for the info. I think I'll start with that, then get a Rejane.
I'm excited about this "hidden jewel" handbag company. Their bags aren't trendy and they are not seen everywhere.

Thank you for the info. I think I'll start with that, then get a Rejane.
I'm excited about this "hidden jewel" handbag company. Their bags aren't trendy and they are not seen everywhere.
Yes that's why I love Moynat so much! So classic, elegant and yet understated! I always carry it when I don't feel like throwing logo on people's face and I always get compliments from people and asking which brand it is :smile:

Rejane is really a nice bag, the only trouble is to choose from so many gorgeous colors lol!

Yes that's why I love Moynat so much! So classic, elegant and yet understated! I always carry it when I don't feel like throwing logo on people's face and I always get compliments from people and asking which brand it is :smile:

Rejane is really a nice bag, the only trouble is to choose from so many gorgeous colors lol!

Ahhhhh yes,...you understand my dilemma. I know I want black, chili and taupe. The taupe may change to the Rejane saddle bag. I just bought a Chanel Jumbo and I've been spoiled by the back pocket. A pocket in the back (for parking slips or a little cash) would put the Rejane over the top!
The SA I've been working with said I would probably prefer the Rejane to the Pauline. As stated earlier, that east-west design makes the zipper a little awkward.
Which designs do you have?