Official MOYNAT Thread

I am so happy to have found this thread!! I am thinking of ordering a personalized cabas Initiale, does anybody know if the GM size is comparable to a Neverfull GM? I was thinking of a goyard St. louis first but I am not too keen on the material as it seems too light/flimsy. Thanks in advance!!!

I love Moynat too!

Just bought a reversible leather Quattro bag (1950€). Love the coral color. Very well made, comparable to Hermes, but I prefer Moynat since it doesn't scream luxury.

Their sales persons are very nice and willing to explain about their products, the store is nicely designed and not packed with people.

Really hope it won't be a mainstream brand...

I love Moynat too!

Just bought a reversible leather Quattro bag (1950€). Love the coral color. Very well made, comparable to Hermes, but I prefer Moynat since it doesn't scream luxury.

Their sales persons are very nice and willing to explain about their products, the store is nicely designed and not packed with people.

Really hope it won't be a mainstream brand...
Don't worry, it will never be!
In France....very few people know the brand....Yet it's a French brand!

charmesh said:
Did they have anything else interesting in stock?

Yes, they had Pauline Haut also in croco leather, color was bluish grey. It was so beautiful.
They had also croco leather in Paradis bag and new style Rejane in black, beige and blue color.

Just received the Pauline PM in Terra Cotta and Réjane in Taupe I ordered for my wife:supacool:

I made the purchase via email, top-notch service. Very efficient and hassle-free experience (package got here 2 days after I placed my order).

Moynat is truly a (hidden) gem, and I want to thank everyone in this thread for sharing information as well as their opinions and pictures. Can't wait to see her reaction!:Presents

Okay, Moynat veterans, I am getting obsessed with these bags. I love the idea of I high quality bag that sort of "flies under the radar" (at least in my southern town). Some questions for those of you who have been lucky enough to go to the boutique.

First, can the Pauline (the more horizontal version, with the longer straps) be carried on your shoulder? I love the look of this bag!

Second, does Moynat make the Baladin shoulder bag in anything other than monogram canvas? I am just not a monogram kind of woman but would love in in one of their leathers.

Third, any impressions of the new Rejane structured city bag? Size? Ease of use?

Can you tell I'm focused on a shoulder bag and assessing my options?

Moynat is actually privately owned by Groupe Arnault, not LVMH. It's a good thing, IMO; the company isn't responsible to shareholders, and thus won't be as pressured to compromise quality and raise prices (like what's happened at Vuitton the past five years).

^^