Official MOYNAT Thread

I agree! I reached out to Selfridges London and although I didn't order from Kay she was super helpful and responsive! I ended up ordering from the Paris store since they had a Gabrielle with the color that I like. They ship abroad and deduct tax for export. Shipping to Canada was 60€.

Hope that helps!
I'm from Canada too, did you pay any duties? I want to order online, just worried how much duties to pay.

So I have been Covid binge-watching the original Miss Marple series (from the 1980s with Joan Hickson) and her handbag fascinates me. She carried it literally everywhere in every episode and only when she went on holiday to the Caribbean did she change bags (an evening bag and a beach tote joined her in that one).

It sort of reminds me of the Pauline. Here’s Miss Marple’s bag and a croc Pauline.

8BA0E027-A0B8-46A9-AC6A-6EA7F82B5592_1_105_c.jpeg

url.jpg
And, the mentions on this thread about Ramesh’s Paris Bombay led me on a curiosity tour. I can see his eye in both the Pauline and the PB. And of course the curiosity tour turned into a brief obsession (I am Bagnut after all!). I just found a fantastic PB 40 at a great price. Here she is. I think I will name her Miss Marple. (I may take up knitting if only to fill her up!)

B6B21FC7-054A-4428-8FE2-BEE29F872266_1_105_c.jpeg

11400020-A881-4A43-B61D-AD2561738818_1_105_c.jpeg

So I have been Covid binge-watching the original Miss Marple series (from the 1980s with Joan Hickson) and her handbag fascinates me. She carried it literally everywhere in every episode and only when she went on holiday to the Caribbean did she change bags (an evening bag and a beach tote joined her in that one).

It sort of reminds me of the Pauline. Here’s Miss Marple’s bag and a croc Pauline.

View attachment 4810701

View attachment 4810698
And, the mentions on this thread about Ramesh’s Paris Bombay led me on a curiosity tour. I can see his eye in both the Pauline and the PB. And of course the curiosity tour turned into a brief obsession (I am Bagnut after all!). I just found a fantastic PB 40 at a great price. Here she is. I think I will name her Miss Marple. (I may take up knitting if only to fill her up!)

View attachment 4810699

View attachment 4810700
That is a gorgeous a Paris Bombay - what colour is it? I just love the orange/coral family!

That is a gorgeous a Paris Bombay - what colour is it? I just love the orange/coral family!
Thank you! It's Brique Vache Liegee.

And I forgot to mention the lining! It's almost exactly like the pearl calfskin inside most Moynat bags. (Another reason this bag was a great find - it's nearly perfect outside and in. )

View attachment 4810701

View attachment 4810698

View attachment 4810699

View attachment 4810700
These are great! I watch Miss Marple reruns, too. I used to watch the original, in the 1980’s. That bag she’s carrying is just like the Pauline, but old school.
That Paris Bombay, and the Gaby, are to die for!!!!!!!!!!:loveeyes::drool::love:

Reactions: bagnut1

View attachment 4810701

View attachment 4810698

View attachment 4810699

View attachment 4810700
That Bombay’s color is gorgeous! What color is your Gaby? Gold hardware? Pm? :loveeyes:

View attachment 4810701

View attachment 4810698

View attachment 4810699

View attachment 4810700
:lol: OMG! You’re right! I have the same handbag as Miss Marple (although a somewhat less exotic version!). Congrats on the Paris Bombay, if you have a chance to take some mod shots that would be great. I’ve been curious about this bag before, but I tried a JPG Birkin and it looked far too long on me so not sure if this would be the same.

Reactions: Bagaholic222
:lol: OMG! You’re right! I have the same handbag as Miss Marple (although a somewhat less exotic version!). Congrats on the Paris Bombay, if you have a chance to take some mod shots that would be great. I’ve been curious about this bag before, but I tried a JPG Birkin and it looked far too long on me so not sure if this would be the same.
I'll try to get a snap or two when I take it out for the first time next week.

It's very long. Could be luggage. But I love it!

Reactions: Tonimichelle
Oh wow I would love to see your Marple bag!