Official MOYNAT Thread

I purchased my first Moynat bag (Gabrielle BB in a gorgeous emerald green) last year at the Paris flagship during my trip and I'm a fan! This bag is dainty and small, but fits my phone, wallet/card case, keys, a lipstick, and a small can of mints...really all my essentials. I'm planning to purchase a Flori but having a hard time deciding between Cannelle and Bourbon color. I wear mostly neutral (black, navy, white) with some jewel tone colored clothes like royal blue, green, (identify as a cool toned, "winter" color season person.) From the picture, Bourbon looks to have a bit of reddish tint to it and Cannelle seems more neutral brown. Anyone have any suggestions if I want a color that goes well with any outfit?
I’ve been contemplating on a Gabrielle in one of these colors and, based on online pictures (I dont’t have a Moynat boutique where I live), I believe the Cannelle would be easier to integrate with any outfit (“more” neutral). I also like the contrast stitching in the Cannelle Gabrielle. With the online shop not available anymore, I don’t remember if Flori comes in carat leather as well or only taurillon? I believe I saw one here on the forum in cannelle carat with contrast stitching? But Bourbon looks good as well, more rich and saturated, so if you have the chance to view side by side in person (or at least ask an SA to share pics), that would be ideal.

Reactions: handbagsandcats
:
I purchased my first Moynat bag (Gabrielle BB in a gorgeous emerald green) last year at the Paris flagship during my trip and I'm a fan! This bag is dainty and small, but fits my phone, wallet/card case, keys, a lipstick, and a small can of mints...really all my essentials. I'm planning to purchase a Flori but having a hard time deciding between Cannelle and Bourbon color. I wear mostly neutral (black, navy, white) with some jewel tone colored clothes like royal blue, green, (identify as a cool toned, "winter" color season person.) From the picture, Bourbon looks to have a bit of reddish tint to it and Cannelle seems more neutral brown. Anyone have any suggestions if I want a color that goes well with any outfit?
1713702940871.png

Found this image posted by @Mousy at P. 571 #8,553. I love the bourbon color. It is rich and beautiful by itself and goes well with your neutrals. But it may not go well with your jewel tone outfits. The Cannelle is more neutral I think.

:

View attachment 5988087

Found this image posted by @Mousy at P. 571 #8,553. I love the bourbon color. It is rich and beautiful by itself and goes well with your neutrals. But it may not go well with your jewel tone outfits. The Cannelle is more neutral I think.
I agree - I think Cannelle is quite similar to Hermes Gold, which is a timeless, classic neutral. So, @v_bianca_m, if you are looking for versatility, I would recommend the Cannelle too.

Recently travelled in Japan, and visited the Moynat boutique in Tokyo. The SA informed me that Japan is one of the lowest price to purchase Moynat. Surprisingly, saw some French speaking customers purchasing at the boutique as well. I overhead they also confirmed Japan's pricing is cheaper. The SA was friendly and never pushy, and when I shared with her my preferences (no black/red/blue, prefer gold hardware, muted tone, looking into Gabrielle or Rejane), she bought out this brownish purple Rejane with gold hardware ....I was sold!
Happily took her home with me on my last day in Japan :smile: Thanks for letting me share!!
IMG_1149.jpg

Recently travelled in Japan, and visited the Moynat boutique in Tokyo. The SA informed me that Japan is one of the lowest price to purchase Moynat. Surprisingly, saw some French speaking customers purchasing at the boutique as well. I overhead they also confirmed Japan's pricing is cheaper. The SA was friendly and never pushy, and when I shared with her my preferences (no black/red/blue, prefer gold hardware, muted tone, looking into Gabrielle or Rejane), she bought out this brownish purple Rejane with gold hardware ....I was sold!
Happily took her home with me on my last day in Japan :smile: Thanks for letting me share!!
View attachment 5988348
That muted lilac color is super lovely! The leather looks sumptuous 😍

Reactions: beyondbeing
I found the screenshot I took of the cannelle carat online pic - most probably from this forum if I remember well. This is the one I was talking about, lovely color!
Yes, thank you!! I received pics of cannelle and bourbon side by side from my SA but it's still such a hard decision! I think I might go with cannelle and perhaps get another bag in the future in bourbon.

Reactions: v_bianca_m
View attachment 5988348
Hi. Can i know how much do you get for the tax refund. I'm planning go to japan too, maybe i should visit Moynat store too 😳

Hello, tax refund is about 10%. I paid about $3490 USD out the door for this bag. There is only 1 Moynat boutique in Japan, which is located inside the Isetan department store in Tokyo. Good luck and have fun in Japan!
Hello, is this Rejane BB size? Is 3490 USD with the tax refund? If so, I think this pricing is even less than the Paris price including 12% VAT refund. Wow, I did read about Japanese Yen being all time low but now must be a good time to travel and shop with strong USD-JPY conversion rate😀

Hey there,

I am looking to buy my girlfriend her first Moynat bag, she likes leather totes, kind of Hermes garden party style. Is there any product you think she would like ? Is there another size of the duo bb ? A little bit bigger ?

Thanks a lot !
This is the bigger size. You may call SA at boutiques to check availability and size.

Hello, is this Rejane BB size? Is 3490 USD with the tax refund? If so, I think this pricing is even less than the Paris price including 12% VAT refund. Wow, I did read about Japanese Yen being all time low but now must be a good time to travel and shop with strong USD-JPY conversion rate😀
Hello, Yes, it's Rejane BB size. The listed price (including tax) was 625,900yen (which is about $4000 USD). With the tax refund (which they processed right away within the department store), I paid about $3490 USD out the door. And yes, while I was there, I over-heard some French speaking customers commenting that the price in Japan is very good, so they also bought pieces from Moynat as well. It's indeed very good time to travel and shopping in Japan :smile: