Official Ignes Chat thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my fillings done-2 of them. They are kind of painful- first time having them. My whole face is swollen and numb. I am at home waiting for some of that to wear off before I go to work b/c it is very uncomfortable and I can't even open my mouth properly to talk it is so numb/ swollen.

I guess I can cut the grass while I wait to feel normal... so tired. I ended up working a bit more last night and didn't get to bed until after 2 a.m.

You should get some rest Eli!

LL - yes the pearlized golden arrived. It is very pretty and the leather is thick. I also like the corners. I agreee with Eli about the corners making the bag look more finished. It is strange that they didn't put them on the back. I also attached the photo of the glossy mini I picked up!

attachment.php

Attachments

• PearlizedGoldenLMmidi.jpg
    PearlizedGoldenLMmidi.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 98
  • GlossyPurpleMini.jpg
    GlossyPurpleMini.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 44
Thanks everyone! I didn't think I was crazy for returning a bag I didn't want and buying one I did, but liking the same exact color just because it is in a different style struck me as fairly odd.

oh! okay, I was thinking you were being a little self-harsh! No, you are still not crazy though. The style can make a huge difference, I think. :graucho: Sorry, you're sane. lol!!:biggrin:

Such a pretty bag, Sandy! It's just gorgeous!

My tan doesn't show any wear yet but I don't use it often. I've been carrying my choco pebbled glossy non-stop since I got it! I just love that bag! Also, matte tan seems to dry out easily so I condition mine to keep it supple and soft! It's a gorgeous color though! I need to get mine out, it hasn't been used in awhile. I got hooked on the mini chiara and then the tme midi!

Hi all,

talking abt matte BE leathers, I got the choco matte hold me in dec and it shows a considerable amount of wear at the corners, edges etc.
I admit that I have thrown around this bag a lot and used it while traveling etc.
This will certainly be a factor I will consider if and when I purchase a BE bag again.

I guess I shd post this in the BE thread too.

Kamikazi...hit and run..kinda hello I must be going (Marx brothers hi to everyone..it's crunch time with finals and Regents here in NYC so I am kind of on radio silence.

LL..ITA..NYC..is it March?..or is it June?..this is really depressing..and I like the second bag more...funny how a color that is a bit too much in one style is perfect in another.

Matt...I have too much to say to you..so all I can say in this brief window is..glad you are doing better..it's fantastic that you and Collette are solid..it's great to see a dude on here (DH does have an HH account..and does sneaky things like buy me bags when he goes to Century 21....but won't admit it on here..so..IMHO....you are truly a manly man..LOL)

Elizat..construction..destruction of glasses...and now the poor face..OMG..you really are getting beaten up..your too nice for this...I promise to talk more to you and everyone else about stuff..

Euridice..hi...how are you?

Amigas, and amigo....if I haven't said hi by name..or if I seem rushed..please have patience, I'm running on fumes because this is one of the busiest times for me with schools, students, proctoring and tutoring..not to mention crash, crunch review courses.

Mentha...post it..please..and y'all....about those other bags....I have issues with mattes..and crashes..and glossies..wear, rubs, seams, fraying, corners..so much so that I'm done...but that pearly gold one is gorgeous..Sandy..it really is...

I thought she loved it though..something I often wonder about...over there....but I'm glad it's at home with someone who loves it more.

Gotta run..sorry if I ignored some of you and didn't shout out by name..I miss you..and I'm being really good because I'm still saving for my first Ignes.

XOXO

me

that pearly golden is such a gorgeous bag, Sandy!! I didn't know it existed much less up for sale, glad you snagged it!

elizat, I remember when I got my first cavity, which was also in adulthood. It came as a horrible shock! NOt just the news of it, but the whole horrible experience, so unpleasant, and they told me NOTHING about what to expect. Just awful. Sorry you broke your no-cavity streak!

Gingey, woo!! thanks for the shout out and for posting, good luck with all the major things you've got going on right now!

Duranie, how are you feeling today?? Tomorrow is your interview, right??

Sandy, I never say a HAir CUT like That on a Cat!
Trucker's expressions are worth a Million!
BTW The Golden BE is Gorgeous!
And so is that MINI in PURPLE!

Elizat, I truly feel for you!
First you break your Glasses then you get to go to the Dentist!
Hope you feel better soon!

GB Thanks It's really a funny story how I end up on this forum And end up making a bunch of friends and it all started over a BAD Seller reneging on a EBay Deal over a Dooney Zebra Bag!
Then I end up in Jimmy Choo Land and finally help found this Ignes forum!
What a ride!
Imagine if the sale would have went smooth Colette would have only end up with one Zebra Dooney!
Here's my first post:

http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/just-got-burned-on-ebay-218609.html#post4618008

LL Still lovin the the new D&G And NO your no more insane than me if that helps!:nuts:;):P

Sandy- very pretty! Your photos capture the sheen of the leather nicely.

Matt- glad you are doing okay today! Feeling a bit better as you go?

E- I know! They told me it would not hurt at all! LIARS. I ended up sitting down, intending to rest a bit b/c it hurt and fell asleep for 2 hours, waking up on the floor with the dog wrapped around my head. I am at work now b/c I have to look at some mail and do a couple things, but the nap did me good. It still hurts though. I'll be painting the bathroom tonight. Raining like crazy now, so I can't cut the lawn this evening unless it stops in the next 30 minutes or so to dry out.

I ordered the glasses too. The ones I had were brown, these are like a burgundy-ish color. I've seen them before and like them, so what the heck. The only good thing w/ discontinuing the frame is the price- I paid over $200 and now they are $72.

Hi GB! *waves*

D- yes, how are you doing? I hope you are okay today.

Hi All-
Oh LL that bag is so you, its gorgeous, I love the drape.
Sandy- I had been ooggling that pearly golden, it is gorgeous.
If I was not on the unemployment line right now I'd so be buying a 35% off handbag and was very glad to see Tinted Wine not apart of the sale or I'd have a heart attack.

Unfortunately for me I may have to put up some of my most loved bags cause I got the Cobra papers yesterday.... $996 a month. :sick::yucky::throwup:

Because of the stimulus act, they are supposed to take 65% off but wow. I will be getting $405 a week but I opted for them to take the 10% for federal taxes off.

I might be buying some ramen noodles if this goes on for long...

I'm looking at ads but - OMG they want you to work such LONG hours now.
I saw one today for 8:15 - 5:45pm (??) Another was 7:30am - 6pm.. WHAT?
When does someone go to the doctor? In NY there are no weekend hours. I go to the allergist every week and those other appointments....
This just sucks!!

6 kids TL- wow, God Love Ya! What is the age range?

Oh- for E's little brother, Winnie was eating some spaghetti off of DH's plate:
His face was so messy and tomato stained.. LOL
He needed a shower afterwards.

Attachments

• sellerbads 002.JPG
    sellerbads 002.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 34
  • sellerbads 003.JPG
    sellerbads 003.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 36
  • sellerbads 004.JPG
    sellerbads 004.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 42
OMGosh! Winnie is so darn cute! Shall I share a picture too? Well, not really a pet though because horses shouldn't be pets but I am just so proud of my horse Buttercup! She's not broke yet but in process and today she actually allowed a rider on her back! Here he is in saddle! Yay for Buttercup!

100_1916.jpg

Duranie, our kids are 26, 25, 21, 16 (nearly 17), 14 and 12 at the end of the month. The 17 and 12 yo are girls, the rest are boys. All good kids!

Oh, Winnie is so cute! Thanks- I will show them to him! He thinks your Winnie is so funny! You shower him? How does that work out?!

I saw in the other thread about Cobra- so sorry it is so expensive. That is like the icing on the cake for you. :hugs:

TL- what a beauty! I am so envious of your horses! I love horses- I used to ride in competitions when I was younger. I'd love to do it again and do a horse lease. Summer is too hot here though, so I will wait until the fall to do it. My ankle should be good to go then too b/c it is still messed up and hurts w/ certain things. One day, I'd like to have a few of my own.

E- the dog was lying around my head. Think about his belly being in the middle of my head w/ his head on my shoulder and feet pointing to the other one. He normally sleeps right next to me- the dog spoons (lol)- or on my stomach. He was odd today!

OOOH Buttercup is beautiful!!

Winnie goes on my DH's shoulder and just sits there while he showers... DH lifts his hand to adjust how wet Winnie gets... like a rain forest..lol
Winnie gets all into it, shuts his eyes and stretches his wings so everything gets all wet.
Then.... Master Winnie gets a blow dry. Pampered cockatiel to the max!

Status
Not open for further replies.