OFFICIAL HERMÈS Special Order Thread. See #7,532 for New Season Chart

demicouture

@babymoghi
O.G.
Mar 13, 2007
I just got offered my first SO and would love some help narrowing down my options! I've settled on four options, but unsure about interior colors for Options 1 & 2, which I am leaning more toward given other bags in my collection. I feel like Options 3 & 4 would be easier to come by and although they won't be verso, it'll be more feasible to encounter as a regular offer.

I love warm pinks with GHW but have had the toughest time getting one in a size I like, so thought this could be the best opportunity to cross a bag off my wish list, but I am very torn between RA Epsom & RL Chevre. Would also love advice regarding the interior pairings for Azalee & Lipstick. HELP! :sad:

Option 1
K25 Sellier Epsom Verso BGHW
Exterior: Rose Azalee
Interior: Orange Poppy, Capucine, Bougainvillea, Abricot, Malachite
Stitching: Tonal

Option 2
K25 Sellier Chevre Verso BGHW
Exterior: Rose Lipstick

Option 3
Mini Kelly II Ostrich Verso PHW
Exterior: Gris Agate
Interior: Rose Pourpre or Rose Mexico

Option 4
Mini Kelly II Chevre Verso PHW
Exterior: Magnolia
Interior: Bleu Zellige or Bleu Electrique

My current B/K collection is as follows so what is most lacking is a non-Mini Kelly and currently palladium predominates in terms of hardware:
  • MKII: Epsom Noir GHW, Ostrich Bleu Glacier GHW
  • B25: Togo Bambou GHW, Togo Rose Pourpre PHW, Togo Gold PHW
  • B30: Togo Lagoon PHW, Ostrich Rose Tyrien PHW, Ostrich Bleu Paon PHW, Croc Vert Olive PHW
Appreciate any help!

I would go for OPTION 1 with Capucine lining. I find pink and orange always a beautiful colour clash.

Jan 28, 2010
lesparterres.tumblr.com
I just got offered my first SO and would love some help narrowing down my options! I've settled on four options, but unsure about interior colors for Options 1 & 2, which I am leaning more toward given other bags in my collection. I feel like Options 3 & 4 would be easier to come by and although they won't be verso, it'll be more feasible to encounter as a regular offer.

I love warm pinks with GHW but have had the toughest time getting one in a size I like, so thought this could be the best opportunity to cross a bag off my wish list, but I am very torn between RA Epsom & RL Chevre. Would also love advice regarding the interior pairings for Azalee & Lipstick. HELP! :sad:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4

My current B/K collection is as follows so what is most lacking is a non-Mini Kelly and currently palladium predominates in terms of hardware:
  • B30: Togo Lagoon PHW, Ostrich Rose Tyrien PHW, Ostrich Bleu Paon P
Amazing - congrats! You must be so excited! I’d say option 2 with Abricot, followed by option 1 with Abricot. Those colours would be so fun together - very 90s!

Mar 29, 2008

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4

• B30: Togo Lagoon PHW, Ostrich Rose Tyrien PHW, Ostrich Bleu Paon PHW, Croc Vert Olive PHW
Appreciate any help!
I would choose pink exterior with green interior personally.....far second choice being blue interior.

Not a fan of pink and orange together.

Good luck deciding!

Reactions: olibelli

loh

Be grateful and kind
O.G.
Jan 4, 2009

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4

Appreciate any help!
I would go with Option 2 since you don't have chevre in your collection. I love the bright pop of orange with pink, but if you want something very contrasting then I'd do the malachite. Good luck deciding! Can't wait to see pics!

Reactions: olibelli

olibelli

May 24, 2014
I would choose option 1 or 2, with malachite lining.
This because it would be very contrasting between outside and inside and that's the whole point with verso bags (in my opinion).
I would go for OPTION 1 with Capucine lining. I find pink and orange always a beautiful colour clash.
Amazing - congrats! You must be so excited! I’d say option 2 with Abricot, followed by option 1 with Abricot. Those colours would be so fun together - very 90s!
I would choose pink exterior with green interior personally.....far second choice being blue interior.

Not a fan of pink and orange together.

Good luck deciding!
I would go with Option 2 since you don't have chevre in your collection. I love the bright pop of orange with pink, but if you want something very contrasting then I'd do the malachite. Good luck deciding! Can't wait to see pics!
Thank you all for your input! I have to admit that I am leaning more toward Option #2 since I don't have any Chevre currently and I love the idea of an Orange Poppy interior. Rose Azalee & Malachite is probably one of my all-time favourite pairings; however, I feel hesitant for some reason, and I think it's because I don't love the idea of the interior being darker than the exterior. If it were a Malachite Kelly, I have no doubt I'd go with an RA interior if it were available.

That said, I feel like one never knows until the day of :lol: this may all change when I see the swatches together... let's see. Will report back! Thank you all again :heart:

M7891

Apr 29, 2021
Hi lovely people! I was offered an SO after asking for a purse in Malachite for almost 2 years. I have decided to do Malachite in Epsom in a Mini Kelly II. I am not very brave and would love to do tonal lining. Does anyone know the closet matching stitch color between Vert Vertigo and Vert Emerald for Malachite in Epsom? My store misplaced the sample threads which makes it frustrating on selecting a coordinating thread according to names only.. Anyone please suggest what you think would be closest tonal stitch or if you have ability to check for me when doing your SO I would appreciate any feedback. I need to come back with my selection by next week. I was not allowed to list tonal stitching on the form unless I changed the interior which I really don't want to do.

If I cant figure out the closest tonal stich from the listed thread names then here is option 2:

Option 2: If changing my choice to verso and selecting a contrast lining I was told I would be allowed to list tonal stitching on the outside. What do you think would be the best option for Malachite Mini Kelly II? Here are my options for verso : vert bohphore, cactus, anemone, rose p, vert titien, lime, blue indigo, blue sapphire, blue colvert, gold, vert fonce, blue electrique, rose mexico, rouge grenat, bordeaux, or juan ambre.

I tried to compose a side by side to better get an idea of malachite as a verso. I honestly don't love any of them and am hoping to figure out which stitch color is a closest match to malachite epsom between vert vertigo thread and vert emerald thread to allow me to keep it more or less "tonal" as that is really my "dream" bag

malachite and linings.jpg

Last edited:

olibelli

May 24, 2014
Hi lovely people! I was offered an SO after asking for a purse in Malachite for almost 2 years. I have decided to do Malachite in Epsom in a Mini Kelly II. I am not very brave and would love to do tonal lining. Does anyone know the closet matching stitch color between Vert Vertigo and Vert Emerald for Malachite in Epsom? My store misplaced the sample threads which makes it frustrating on selecting a coordinating thread according to names only.. Anyone please suggest what you think would be closest tonal stitch or if you have ability to check for me when doing your SO I would appreciate any feedback. I need to come back with my selection by next week. I was not allowed to list tonal stitching on the form unless I changed the interior which I really don't want to do.

If I cant figure out the closest tonal stich from the listed thread names then here is option 2:

Option 2: If changing my choice to verso and selecting a contrast lining I was told I would be allowed to list tonal stitching on the outside. What do you think would be the best option for Malachite Mini Kelly II? Here are my options for verso : vert bohphore, cactus, anemone, rose p, vert titien, lime, blue indigo, blue sapphire, blue colvert, gold, vert fonce, blue electrique, rose mexico, rouge grenat, bordeaux, or juan ambre.

I tried to compose a side by side to better get an idea of malachite as a verso. I honestly don't love any of them and am hoping to figure out which stitch color is a closest match to malachite epsom between vert vertigo thread and vert emerald thread to allow me to keep it more or less "tonal" as that is really my "dream" bag

View attachment 5069861
I feel like Vert Emerald would be "closer" since it's darker in tone, whereas VV is more vibrant and would therefore pop more. Here is a comparison thread between the two colors!

I personally love how Malachite looks with the RP interior, I think that would be stunning IRL. :smile: Good luck deciding!

Txoceangirl

Oct 25, 2012
SoCal
I feel like Vert Emerald would be "closer" since it's darker in tone, whereas VV is more vibrant and would therefore pop more. Here is a comparison thread between the two colors!

I personally love how Malachite looks with the RP interior, I think that would be stunning IRL. :smile: Good luck deciding!
I agree with the malachite and RP combo!

Reactions: De sac