Official Coach Spring 2021 "Coach Forever" Thread

MonsieurMode

Apr 27, 2016
Tomorow morning (Sept 22, 2020) at 9 am EST, Coach will debut portraits of friends, collaborators, and models by Juergen Teller in a digital experience that will showcase Vevers’s spring 2021 collection styled together with pieces from his past work at Coach and items from the brand’s archives.

CF.JPG

Aptly titled "Coach Forever," by styling a new collection in the language of past seasons and Coach’s heritage, Stuart Vevers is plotting a more sustainable future, one with fewer products that live seamlessly with extant ones.

Some of the items worn in Teller’s images are also being made in collaboration with local artisans in New York. “It’s a really eclectic mix of ready-to-wear and leather goods that we’ve approached local artisans and local makers to produce.

Those limited run pieces that will be available when the collection is released,” Vevers says. “It feels like a way to give back to our fashion community—and I hope these relationships will continue. This is an opportunity to highlight them and their work just so other people can find them too.”

Sources: VOGUE.com, Coach.com

Reactions: MaryThorpe
Seeing as the collection will be a celebration of all that Vevers has done for Coach, I'm anticipating that we'll see some of the below styles pop up in Coach Forever:
  • Rhyder, Dakotah, or Tatum from Fall 2014, his first collection for Coach
  • Spring 2015 Florals (Vevers's first runway show for Coach)
  • "Danny" Sweater (the Apollo sweater from the shining, featured in Fall 2014 and the NASA Capsule Collection)
  • Swagger
  • Coach Originals
  • Gary Baseman collab / Wild Beast

Seeing as the collection will be a celebration of all that Vevers has done for Coach, I'm anticipating that we'll see some of the below styles pop up in Coach Forever:
  • "Danny" Sweater (the Apollo sweater from the shining, featured in Fall 2014 and the NASA Capsule Collection)
  • Swagger
  • Coach Originals

Oh I really want the Apollo Sweater! hope it shows up

• Swagger
  • Coach Originals
I would love to see rhyder, dakotah, tatum, and wild beast. Haven't been feeling much of the newer stuff.

I really like the Cashin Carry Tote 36, but I've never been one for saddle leather. I suppose the black will be out in the spring.

Also, I have to LOL at the "Space Sweater" description because it says that it was inspired by a vintage sketch of a rocket. No... it was 100% copied from The Shining. I think they had to edit the inspiration to avoid being sued by the Kubrick estate. (For the film, I believe it was his wife who made the original sweater).

I really like the Cashin Carry Tote 36, but I've never been one for saddle leather. I suppose the black will be out in the spring.

Also, I have to LOL at the "Space Sweater" description because it says that it was inspired by a vintage sketch of a rocket. No... it was 100% copied from The Shining. I think they had to edit the inspiration to avoid being sued by the Kubrick estate. (For the film, I believe it was his wife who made the original sweater).
They also describe it as an Apollo Shuttle when it is a rocket.

The collection is now on VOGUE for those who don't want to sit through a video presentation: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2021-ready-to-wear/coach

Below are some detail shots:

I wonder if Coach will introduce leather embroidery to their Coach Create line?
00003-COACH-DETAILS-SPRING-21-RTW.jpg

These hobos are gorgeous. Trying to figure out what the Vintage one was called back in the day.

00012-COACH-DETAILS-SPRING-21-RTW.jpg00021-COACH-DETAILS-SPRING-21-RTW.jpg

I'm sort of feeling these sandals (but in black, haha).
00017-COACH-DETAILS-SPRING-21-RTW.jpg

The collection is now on VOGUE for those who don't want to sit through a video presentation: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2021-ready-to-wear/coach

Below are some detail shots:

I wonder if Coach will introduce leather embroidery to their Coach Create line?
View attachment 4855712

These hobos are gorgeous. Trying to figure out what the Vintage one was called back in the day.

View attachment 4855715View attachment 4855714

I'm sort of feeling these sandals (but in black, haha).
View attachment 4855716
Love the second hobo! I don't do big bags or shoulder bags but would consider it if it came in a smaller version.

• Love
Reactions: Wild Horses
I just took a look at the website. The Cashin Carry is just what I wanted. But I'm hesitant. I already have the snoopy shopper. I wanted another shopper in this style with handles that went over the shoulder but the color is so close. It looks so good though. Hmm.

Reactions: Wild Horses