Official Coach Pre-Spring 2018 Thread

After thoroughly looking over this collection, I'm sold.

The updated Swagger bag looks terrific. I adore the 2 Swagger locks on the front, and I like how there is a more classic turncock on the side. It looks more modern and innovative this was, rather than being Coach's version of a Birkin/Michael Kors Hamilton. I do notice, however, that the top handles do not fold down on some of the larger versions of this, and the shoulder strap is truly a shoulder strap (vs being a longer, cross body strap). I can see the top handles digging into the armpits.

And the chains made out of Coach C's.... WOW WOW WOW!!! I even liked the bracelet, which is almost a little too much logo for me. The jacket with the C-Chain print is almost too smart. The pattern on it is very, very hard to decipher.

The shoes are especially strong. I'm loving the cowboy boots.

Overall, though, I'm still waiting for Vevers to show a more modern collection for Coach. I'm beyond tired of this 70's/Western girl he's showing.

The updated Swagger bag looks terrific. I adore the 2 Swagger locks on the front, and I like how there is a more classic turncock on the side. It looks more modern and innovative this was, rather than being Coach's version of a Birkin/Michael Kors Hamilton. I do notice, however, that the top handles do not fold down on some of the larger versions of this, and the shoulder strap is truly a shoulder strap (vs being a longer, cross body strap). I can see the top handles digging into the armpits.

And the chains made out of Coach C's.... WOW WOW WOW!!! I even liked the bracelet, which is almost a little too much logo for me. The jacket with the C-Chain print is almost too smart. The pattern on it is very, very hard to decipher.

Overall, though, I'm still waiting for Vevers to show a more modern collection for Coach. I'm beyond tired of this 70's/Western girl he's showing.

Thx for posting these!

I agree about the cowboy boots -- I'll definitely need at least one pair, if they're comfy, two! They are unique and stunning!!

I'm not a Swagger (or any derivatives thereof) fan, so I'm safe from the bags....although the mixed leathers used on each bag looks so rich and the colors and textures are phenomenal!

The Western look (excluding the cowboy boots) IS lingering around too long, but the textures and designs on their fabrics are quite impressive -- not that I'd fit into any of those size zero outfits anyway, haha!

So, the leathers and fabrics seem fresh, innovative and upscale -- more so than the actual styles, imho. I think this whole line will do well with the millenials and younger. Not much selection for the "mature" woman. :giggle:

So looks like Swagger is going the 1941 route... I am liking them, will have my eye on the smaller ones. And I am a "mature" woman. ;) The small shoulder bags are interesting too.

I agree, the western look has overstayed it's welcome for me too. Even worse than the tired western look is the overdone tacky embellishments. I mean, seriously? If you must embellish, pick one and do it with a little taste and try to keep the leather down to a color or two. One bag with several colors along with patches, studs, stones and 'C' chain links is just too overboard for one bag.......hopefully, it's just runway tackiness that will get toned down before production. I DO like the updated look of the Swagger though.

I agree, the western look has overstayed it's welcome for me too. Even worse than the tired western look is the overdone tacky embellishments. I mean, seriously? If you must embellish, pick one and do it with a little taste and try to keep the leather down to a color or two. One bag with several colors along with patches, studs, stones and 'C' chain links is just too overboard for one bag.......hopefully, it's just runway tackiness that will get toned down before production. I DO like the updated look of the Swagger though.

I think (hope) that you are correct in that these are more for runway and that the embellishments will be toned down once the production starts. Don't get me wrong, some of it is cute, but when it starts to look like everything got attacked by the bedazzler, it is time to find a new trend. That's why I love the red one. No extra add ons, and the color is stunning!

I'm with you on the Swaggers, links and those boots! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] There are clothes here that in a heartbeat I would wear if I was younger. Love the outerwear.
Really liking the look of the updated swagger, but I'm with you on short handles not folding down, drives me nuts.
All in all I love this showing, thanks so much for posting Monsieur!

Reactions: Galaxygrrl