Official Coach CHAT Thread!!!

Did Coach make Basic bags with 2 different strap length options? My black bag has a 48" strap and the burgundy bag I just received has a 37" strap.

My newest (burgundy) purchase is gorgeous and it was poorly listed with lousy pics so I didn't realize I was getting a BRAND NEW and unused bag! I'm just a bit disappointed that it doesn't have the long strap. (I might use the black strap with the red bag. Would that look weird?)

100_8263.jpeg

Did Coach make Basic bags with 2 different strap length options? My black bag has a 48" strap and the burgundy bag I just received has a 37" strap.

My newest (burgundy) purchase is gorgeous and it was poorly listed with lousy pics so I didn't realize I was getting a BRAND NEW and unused bag! I'm just a bit disappointed that it doesn't have the long strap. (I might use the black strap with the red bag. Would that look weird?)

View attachment 5748966
It seems that your burgundy bag may have been ordered/purchased new with a shorter strap. The photo of the 1989 catalog mentions that a 36" strap can be substituted upon request. The replacement strap is #1070. Photos attached - hope this helps.

9455 Basic Bag & 1070 36in Replac Strap.png

9455_Basic Bag-fall prev1989.jpg

Reactions: DL Harper

View attachment 5748966
I don't think it would look weird. I actually do it for a color block look. Use a matching hangtag too when you use the strap! Black with red/burgundy always look good IMO.

It seems that your burgundy bag may have been ordered/purchased new with a shorter strap. The photo of the 1989 catalog mentions that a 36" strap can be substituted upon request. The replacement strap is #1070. Photos attached - hope this helps.

View attachment 5749071

View attachment 5749085
This is great to know! I am going through my late mother's collections and there are different lengths on a couple of basics.

I saw someone post this floral tote bag on Reddit and was so surprised it was Coach. It instantly caught my eye. I only own vintage Coach bags at the moment and it’s hard for me to consider dropping $500 on a Coach bag, but gosh I just love the look of this tote. Am I crazy for liking this bag, what do you all think of it? (Photo of tote is from the Reddit post)

There is also a Swinger and Studio Shoulder on the Coach USA website, but no tote there. The tote is available at the moment at Macys and Nordstrom. (The Coach UK website still has the tote.)

A01736DF-FC22-4EB3-8108-536E9377602F.jpeg

6F353E9A-8460-4900-9994-7A5283C057C1.jpeg

613B6C89-CB03-4D9B-99F7-C4FEEF2A2182.jpeg

I saw someone post this floral tote bag on Reddit and was so surprised it was Coach. It instantly caught my eye. I only own vintage Coach bags at the moment and it’s hard for me to consider dropping $500 on a Coach bag, but gosh I just love the look of this tote. Am I crazy for liking this bag, what do you all think of it? (Photo of tote is from the Reddit post)

There is also a Swinger and Studio Shoulder on the Coach USA website, but no tote there. The tote is available at the moment at Macys and Nordstrom. (The Coach UK website still has the tote.)

View attachment 5757702

View attachment 5757703

View attachment 5757704
I love it too. I've been going back and forth because I rarely purchase at full price.

Reactions: mandy nicole