Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

LOL - I lived in Seattle in 2006-2007, before remote work was an option. The few times we got snow (maybe 3-4 times that winter?), I remember asking myself before getting ready to go to work "Is this worth my deductible?". Pretty sure I saved myself thousands in body work by staying home. I lived in a neighborhood with lots of steep hills! :lol:
If you ever head back to Seattle for visits, give us a heads-up as a couple of us make the trip down (or over, for some) to visit another BVette pretty frequently. Before covid :rolleyes: I used to go down at least 3x/year. :flowers:

If you ever head back to Seattle for visits, give us a heads-up as a couple of us make the trip down (or over, for some) to visit another BVette pretty frequently. Before covid :rolleyes: I used to go down at least 3x/year. :flowers:
Gawd, now you’ve made me ‘homesick’. I was gonna go OVER for my birthday, but the airlines are making me nervous - with all the cancellations and fighting and what-not - I wouldn’t mind being stranded in Seattle, but my boss might get a bit upset. OH - the VIRUS? Yeah, that too.

Reactions: Evergreen602
If anyone is pondering this Lido on FP, don’t buy it. I called to ask about the musty odor they disclosed in the details. The gal i spoke with was very helpful, and very honest. She said the moldy mildewy smell is very very strong and overwhelming, like it had been stored for a long time in a wet moldy basement, and the smell has really taken hold of the leather. What a shame, such a gorgeous work of art :sad:

• Sad
Reactions: piosavsfan
If anyone is pondering this Lido on FP, don’t buy it. I called to ask about the musty odor they disclosed in the details. The gal i spoke with was very helpful, and very honest. She said the moldy mildewy smell is very very strong and overwhelming, like it had been stored for a long time in a wet moldy basement, and the smell has really taken hold of the leather. What a shame, such a gorgeous work of art :sad:

All that and they're asking that price? :facepalm:

I know,right! She is going to see if they can reduce it. But even if it was super cheap, not sure Modern could do anything with it if its that bad. But that price! ‘Excellent’,condition :whut:
I’m guessing that ultimately you could get the smell out but I think it would take lots of effort.

Thanks for the warning. I've had my on that one, but I'll definitely pass.

Reactions: jbags07
Absolutely. Its a hassle to buy and return, and i doubt anyone would keep it, given the condition. Mold/mildew on that level is unhealthy. Yet its listed to be in ‘excellent condition’….
My sense of smell is super strong. What others might consider a mild odor is usually overwhelming for me. Odors and perfume scents are a deal breaker here.

My sense of smell is super strong. What others might consider a mild odor is usually overwhelming for me. Odors and perfume scents are a deal breaker here.
I am sensitive too. There are a few bags that arrived with undisclosed odors that i kept, b/c i wanted the bags so much. One had a mild musty odor, and after 6 months of airing it out and those charcoal bags zipped inside, the odor is gone. My Paille Nuvolato Veneta arrived from FP with a very bad undisclosed musty odor. I kept it b/c its so rare, and i plan to send it to Modern to see what they can do with it. Hoping they can get the smell out, or maybe just replace the lining. So that is always an option if the odor isn’t in the leather itself…

Reactions: Evergreen602
You guys I'm so excited! I received a blue floral embroidered Nodini today and it's gorgeous and in like new condition. I really wanted either a blue or a pink. I bought the pink recently but had to return it because it smelled terrible. I'm so glad I found the blue, I like it even more than the pink.
View attachment 5309251

Gorgeous bag! All those details are lovely :love:

You guys I'm so excited! I received a blue floral embroidered Nodini today and it's gorgeous and in like new condition. I really wanted either a blue or a pink. I bought the pink recently but had to return it because it smelled terrible. I'm so glad I found the blue, I like it even more than the pink.
View attachment 5309251
Aww, congrats! It’s such a happy bag! :heart: