Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

rubbish! it can be worn THIS way only when empty! i'd lovet o see any of them wearing it the same way with all the stuff a normal woman carries every day! just not gonna work!
I agree, can’t see working people or parents carrying this as an everyday bag. IDK, I guess it depends on whom the new BV audience is, maybe just a fashion statement to carry with wallet, phone, and keys.

Thanks for the recon photos. It does look quite wide. How was the access to the interior? I like the idea but execution (a box is not a good analogy) seems to be off if it’s not very wearable.
The opening is quite wide, i think the zipper is even longer than on the classic Veneta (note to self - need to take my bag next time and make proper comparison), it is a roomy bag, but all this room is in the width, which is a bit silly, as the bag now is very boxy. If it was soft, probably, it would have sagged down and look more proportionally, but being that stiff... i donno how long it will take to finally soften and break in :confused1:

Did i mention that there's a new model? Long shoulder strap, with some sort of medallions, and the bag is made in classic intrecciato, that good old one we know and love BV for...
Kicking myself for not taking a snap (i was more focused on the other stuff)

Reactions: jbags07 and RT1
6051859E-34BF-47AA-B65F-8679C7FA56FF.jpegB5354B76-C861-49E0-AB7D-9CC55C1D4543.jpeg98463228-5980-4285-A5C8-512054B7DFE5.jpeg5480FEA9-9F15-4BFC-A1E3-FD45FD0C0FE7.jpeg
Photos from Vogue.com runway Fall 2020 RTW.
Interesting, it appears the medallions are intended to button the two straps together when worn crossbody creating a jewelry effect. From a fashion perspective I kinda like it, from a real life perspective it might get tricky taking the bag on and off, not sure about the opening it looks like a mouth ready to snatch something. Not sure about style longevity.

View attachment 4843728View attachment 4843729View attachment 4843731View attachment 4843732
Interesting, it appears the medallions are intended to button the two straps together when worn crossbody creating a jewelry effect. From a fashion perspective I kinda like it, from a real life perspective it might get tricky taking the bag on and off, not sure about the opening it looks like a mouth ready to snatch something. Not sure about style longevity.
Looks like it might be the same stiff leather, too? I can’t deal with the medallions. I am really really curious about the finish on these new leather pieces... Is it modge-podge, what?

View attachment 4843728View attachment 4843729View attachment 4843731View attachment 4843732
the medallions also serve a purpose - they are kinda buttons to adjust the strap length
this bag didn't fill stiff, just as any normal new BV bag
but these medallions will catch mylong hair in no time and drive me nuts, so it's a no-go for me, too
the 'fold', or, as you cleverly mentioned 'a mouth', looks a bit odd, too short from my perspective to be called a real FOLD, and if you stuff the bag to the brim, i bet, it will not stay put downwards, but stick up

the medallions also serve a purpose - they are kinda buttons to adjust the strap length
but these medallions will catch mylong hair in no time and drive me nuts, so it's a no-go for me, too
the 'fold', or, as you cleverly mentioned 'a mouth', looks a bit odd, too short from my perspective to be called a real FOLD, and if you stuff the bag to the brim, i bet, it will not stay put downwards, but stick up
I've never liked bags that fold like that.

Hair tangled in the buttons was the first thing I thought of, I would definitely be walking around with gobs of hair stuck in the buttons. :pout: