Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

I never see cool stuff like that on the side of the road. :lol:
Tho I did see two mountain goats with super creepy yellow eyes just hanging out staring at the cars going by between Lillooet and Lytton on Sunday.

@RTone I will trade with you when the ‘rona is under control down there. You can hang out in the mountains and I’ll come there for BBQ. I have been to western Texas, but only as far as San Antonio (which was really humid when we were there). It’s the first time I ever saw vultures. We drove through an “Alien Checkpoint” and when questioned by the guy with a belt buckle that rivaled the ones worn by WWF champions, my mum leaned over from the passenger seat and says... “sorry, we’re from Canada?”
oh man, good times on that trip :lol:
lol! I would have loved to see that.

Reactions: RT1
I never see cool stuff like that on the side of the road. :lol:
Tho I did see two mountain goats with super creepy yellow eyes just hanging out staring at the cars going by between Lillooet and Lytton on Sunday.

@RTone I will trade with you when the ‘rona is under control down there. You can hang out in the mountains and I’ll come there for BBQ. I have been to western Texas, but only as far as San Antonio (which was really humid when we were there). It’s the first time I ever saw vultures. We drove through an “Alien Checkpoint” and when questioned by the guy with a belt buckle that rivaled the ones worn by WWF champions, my mum leaned over from the passenger seat and says... “sorry, we’re from Canada?”
oh man, good times on that trip :lol:

Yeah, some of those "Belt Buckles" rival the size of a "dinner plate." :yahoo:
I simply don't see how some of the "bigger" cowboys, the one's with the beer guts, are able to wear them....LOLOL! :wtf:

Regarding the 'rona, the cases just seem to keep climbing daily. :facepalm:
I don't when, if ever, this stuff will get under control.
Me, I'm staying away from everyone...and wearing my mask!

Reactions: Nibb
After I had to Google the conversion to F degrees because I have forgotten my high school and college math, I'd gladly trade with you. :yes:
It was 38.88 C or 102 F here today under scorching sunshine in the COVID ridden state of Texas. :eek:
One of my friends in Fort Worth is job hunting in Maine, he’s done with the Texas heat, on to the New England snow.

Reactions: RT1
I have a question for you ladies who are BV experts. I have had 5-6 or more BV bags and every one of them has the same smell. It is not a leather smell, it is not particularly nice or offensive, but what the heck is it? The suede lining? The particular leather tanning process? It is not on any other brand's bags that I have. Just curious.

I have a question for you ladies who are BV experts. I have had 5-6 or more BV bags and every one of them has the same smell. It is not a leather smell, it is not particularly nice or offensive, but what the heck is it? The suede lining? The particular leather tanning process? It is not on any other brand's bags that I have. Just curious.
It's the suede. I've noticed it too, over the years.

Reactions: southernbelle43
I’ve just given mine a sniff, I’ve noticed it but never thought about it, my Cabat has the same smell it but lives in close quarters with the other bags. Ode de Lining :smile:

I’ve just given mine a sniff, I’ve noticed it but never thought about it, my Cabat has the same smell it but lives in close quarters with the other bags. Ode de Lining :smile:
After I gave the bag a coat of leather conditioner, I still had the smell on my hands for a while. I wonder if it is unique to BV. I don't have any other bags with suede linings. And I think I heard that the suede is pig? Whatever, it is good to know it is not just me.

I have an incredibly sensitive nose. (The story of waking up in the middle of the night with a horrendous chemical smell in the house that necessitated us calling for help to have them check for carbon monoxide, gas line leak, AC gas leak, etc., and it turning out to be Skunk spray on my dog who had gone outside in the middle of the night is another story). And I learned that smelling skunk on the side of the road as you are driving is NOT the same smell as fresh skunk on your dog.

After I gave the bag a coat of leather conditioner, I still had the smell on my hands for a while. I wonder if it is unique to BV. I don't have any other bags with suede linings. And I think I heard that the suede is pig? Whatever, it is good to know it is not just me.

I have an incredibly sensitive nose. (The story of waking up in the middle of the night with a horrendous chemical smell in the house that necessitated us calling for help to have them check for carbon monoxide, gas line leak, AC gas leak, etc., and it turning out to be Skunk spray on my dog who had gone outside in the middle of the night is another story). And I learned that smelling skunk on the side of the road as you are driving is NOT the same smell as fresh skunk on your dog.
I have wondered about the BV smell too. I also have a sensitive nose (DH says it is my superpower) and I ABSOLUTELY know what you mean regarding fresh skunk spray v. Roadside smell. :sick:
When I got my first BV I actually thought it was a fake because of the smell, as it didn’t smell like leather to me. It smells a bit like salt water and marsh to me (having grown up on Cape Cod). Pig suede makes sense. I now live in range of pig farms and there is that acrid salty smell.

I have wondered about the BV smell too. I also have a sensitive nose (DH says it is my superpower) and I ABSOLUTELY know what you mean regarding fresh skunk spray v. Roadside smell. :sick:
When I got my first BV I actually thought it was a fake because of the smell, as it didn’t smell like leather to me. It smells a bit like salt water and marsh to me (having grown up on Cape Cod). Pig suede makes sense. I now live in range of pig farms and there is that acrid salty smell.
I am so glad you know about that skunk smell. We thought it was a gas leak and called the Fire Dept who thankfully did not come in HOT to awaken the neighbors (it was about 1 am.) One of them said it sort of reminded him of skunk, but with something else. So I did not feel like a total idiot. They checked the house for everything and we finally decided it had to be skunk. But none of them unequivocally identified it. I apologized profusely and I know they went back and reported it was just "two old people who do not know a skunk smell.:whistle: