Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

I just purchased my first BV bag last week and I am in love with it! The leather and quality of the bag are unreal! I am bit surprised about how negative everyone seems to be about BV on this thread. I have handbags from many different fashion houses, including the usual suspects (Chanel, LV, Hermes) and I find the BV to be really amazing. No, not every style if for me, but the new styles are more contemporary. I actually am glad that they are updating their look as I always passed by the boutique without feeling the urge to go in until some of the newer designs came out. I hope they do well because, for me, the quality is on a different level than LV and recently, Chanel.

I just purchased my first BV bag last week and I am in love with it! The leather and quality of the bag are unreal! I am bit surprised about how negative everyone seems to be about BV on this thread. I have handbags from many different fashion houses, including the usual suspects (Chanel, LV, Hermes) and I find the BV to be really amazing. No, not every style if for me, but the new styles are more contemporary. I actually am glad that they are updating their look as I always passed by the boutique without feeling the urge to go in until some of the newer designs came out. I hope they do well because, for me, the quality is on a different level than LV and recently, Chanel.
We are not negative about BV, we are negative about Daniel Lee. :smile:

Your new Pouch? Would love to see pics...

I don't see the big deal. He's been ripping off old Celine styles since he joined BV, right down to using calfskin, bonded suede interiors, and that tacky gold hardware.
His "Pouch" certainly isn't original, he just tweaked the shape a bit. I mean he even stole Phoebe Philo's colours for it. Black, Tan/Caramel, and Bordeaux :lol:
The Marie Bag is a rip off of the Box Bag, directly copying the way the handle adjusts, to the waythe clasp, and where the branding is located.
The "Swoop" et al. look similar to the Small C Charm bags.
Same for shoes. Please dont make me post photos of those hooves, I get PTSD just browsing the website these days.
View attachment 4637096
View attachment 4637097
View attachment 4637101
Holy cow, i was unaware of all of this thank you for this info....

If you noticed my avatar changed, it’s because we lost our dear hound Lesley.

https://www.coonhoundrescue.com/MEMORIALS/RANKINE.html

It’s fate that Marley entered our lives when she did. Harry would have been a mess without a canine friend, and I think it applies to DH and I as well.

I know how hard it is. I hope Lesley and my boy Brillo find each other and become friends :hugs:. EDIT: I just read the obit, my Dad passed on the same day as your Lesley and he loved dogs so hoping they meet up too:heart:.

If you noticed my avatar changed, it’s because we lost our dear hound Lesley.

https://www.coonhoundrescue.com/MEMORIALS/RANKINE.html

It’s fate that Marley entered our lives when she did. Harry would have been a mess without a canine friend, and I think it applies to DH and I as well.

I know how hard it is. I hope Lesley and my boy Brillo find each other and become friends :hugs:. EDIT: I just read the obit, my Dad passed on the same day as your Lesley and he loved dogs so hoping they meet up too:heart:.
I'm sorry for your losses.