Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

I love hatch peppers! They should be in the stores here soon and i can roast a bunch.

Today NPR said that Seattle has poorer air quality than Bejing and Mumbai. It is so smoky from the wild fires. We need a bonifide rain dance for the West Coast. It is difficult to breathe and impossible to sleep. I am grateful though, that we are not close to the fires. So sorry for our CA, OR, and B.C. Members who have lost homes and belongings.
The air in the Fraser Valley is terrible right now. Both the sun and moon are red-tinged and its not doing either my eyes or my asthma any good at all. There's enough smoke to stop the heat of the sun from coming through full strength. A good rain would be a blessing, but none in sight over the next week or so...

I can get you a bottle! It's sold in liquor stores here. It comes in a gold bottle if I'm not mistaken. Go to the BC Government Liquor Store - there's one uptown (sorta) on Blanshard & Hillside or there's one a few blocks behind the Parliament Buildings on Menzies & Toronto across from Thrifty Foods.
If you don't find it or don't have time let me know, I'll bring a bottle for you on my next visit down in October (?)

Not sure if this is made by BV
Bottega means workshop in Italian
Do I think someone said this was made by BV
I’m confused

Bottega in English means: store, boutique.

Veneta is a region in Italy, around Venice.

So „Bottega Veneta“can be any store in the region „Veneta“.

When I worked for BV we were told that Bottega Veneta meant
LITTLE WORKSHOP IN VENICE
But the the literal translation is
Store in Veneta
I don’t speak, read or write Italian so I only know what I was told

Bottega in English means: store, boutique.

Veneta is a region in Italy, around Venice.

So „Bottega Veneta“can be any store in the region „Veneta“.

+1
I lived for a couple of years in a town just outside of Florence and pretty much every single store has a bottega as part of its name. It’s not specific for our beloved BV

When I worked for BV we were told that Bottega Veneta meant
LITTLE WORKSHOP IN VENICE
But the the literal translation is
Store in Veneta
I don’t speak, read or write Italian so I only know what I was told

Yes that's what I have written in my post :
- Bottega is a store, a boutique, a little shop.
- Veneta is the region around Venice, not the town Venice itself.

Reactions: septembersiren