Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

I would stay away from anything with a chain woven into it
Years ago they did a Veneta with chains
#1 repaired bag
Chains would catch on things
Unless they do it differently

I hadn’t thought of that. I think it would add to the weight. I’ve been feeling like my bag needs are being met with bags I have now.....and it would be great if this feeling lasted awhile.

Reactions: septembersiren
Just bought the Montebello mini because it has been tempting me since I saw the purseblog post on it and it’s on sale. It’s gonna be my first BV, can’t wait for it to arrive! Despite the fact that I always thought my first BV was going to be a knot (still will get one some day) but I couldn’t resist! After I closed and reopened the purchase tab three times I knew it’s a purchase I should make :smile: Now the wait...

Just bought the Montebello mini because it has been tempting me since I saw the purseblog post on it and it’s on sale. It’s gonna be my first BV, can’t wait for it to arrive! Despite the fact that I always thought my first BV was going to be a knot (still will get one some day) but I couldn’t resist! After I closed and reopened the purchase tab three times I knew it’s a purchase I should make :smile: Now the wait...
congrats on your first bv - which Color did u get?

My one of the biggest wishes came true today!!! Since the day my old Blackberry was retired and i got a new phone from the office, a smartphone, big full touchscreen thing, i hated it with all my heart!!! And it finally died yesterday!!! (Lasted less than a year! I definitely didn't baby it!) So, i had to order a new one on urgent basis, and i requested a new Blackberry with a real keyboard!!!! :yahoo:
hoooraaay to easy typing!!! I have nothing to wish for on xmas!! :biggrin:

congrats on your first bv - which Color did u get?
Thank you! It was the velvet ombre one in green (moss)! It's another reason I was hesitant - I tend to want the first bag I get from a brand to be a "classic" one, so for bv like something in intrecciato leather...but then I remembered the number one (and only) rule is simply: follow your heart! And I have been loving the ombre look since I saw it months ago!

I’ve been thinking about it...

Really? It's quite marvelous and you've talked about it since seeing it on the runway. Is the price the major driver? Re the coat: It doesn't have to serve every purpose. Slinky doesn't get much use in Winter and Rizzo won't get much use in the Summer. But that doesn't mean they're not spectacular. It might be worth consigning and testing out with all your clothes.

Really? It's quite marvelous and you've talked about it since seeing it on the runway. Is the price the major driver? Re the coat: It doesn't have to serve every purpose. Slinky doesn't get much use in Winter and Rizzo won't get much use in the Summer. But that doesn't mean they're not spectacular. It might be worth consigning and testing out with all your clothes.

The price is certainly a factor. But It would need to be a winter bag for me. The summer version is my nuvolato tote, which I never seem to stop using once spring arrives. I think this looks like a winter bag. I really had moved past it until I saw it in Carmel last week. I’m impulsive and I’m paying attention to the fact that I haven’t jumped on it. Several weeks ago, I was ready to pounce on an Hermes. I need to give myself a cooling off period.