Official Bottega Veneta Chat Thread - Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do own 2 pair of cowgirl boots
I did have a custom pair that my girlfriend had made for me when she lived in Brownsville
They were about 30 years old
unfortuneately they were in the trunk of my car when Sandy came to visit my town
Because my car was half under water
the electrical system failed and my trunk flew open
they were so runined
I mourn for them every day
I could wear those boots, and stand on my feet in them for 12 hours
I used to wear them to work all the time (not when I worked for BV we wore uniforms and shoes were supplied)
They were black red and white.
They were in my car cause I had gone country line dancing and had slept at a friends and went to work the next day (BV) and had my clothes still in the car
I never got around to taking the boots out cause I used to dance every week
*sigh* lazy lazy lazy caught up with me :crybaby:

These shoes are a piece of art. I never thought I would say this about cowboy boots just because I never was into country style fashion. But these stunners make even such an apathetic person like me to admire the beauty of craftsmanship and extensive design. Congratulations, Mousse.

Thanks news2me. I was so excited when I first walked into my little boot shop in Lubbock. Its called RC Custom Boots. RC comes highly recommended by a Lubbock native who is in the fashion biz. I spent more than I initially thought I would, but there is a ton of detail in these boots, the craftsmanship is extraordinary, and they are a custom fit. I was stunned by the foot measurements taken by the owner. Only 11 weeks and 5 days until they deliver.

I do own 2 pair of cowgirl boots
I did have a custom pair that my girlfriend had made for me when she lived in Brownsville
They were about 30 years old unfortuneately they were in the trunk of my car when Sandy came to visit my town :crybaby:
Sorry you lost your boots due to Sandy. I bought my first pair of "real" cowgirl boots in Arlington TX about 15 years ago. They are black Lucchese goatskin boots with an incredible raised leather detail. Not the stitching detail that is so prevalent these days. I just had them resoled and they look brand new. They took some "re-breaking" in but they are so amazingly comfortable. My two other Luccheses are red and a basic tan.

I love cowboy boots, too! My Mom has some pics of me wearing my first pair at 5 years old...with a bathing suit :P I like Old Gringo but also have an old pair of python boots that were handmade for me in Mexico. Can't wait to see your new pink pair :biggrin:

My boots will be copper metallic and purple. I posted a photo of some really amazing pink boots that will complement G's large steel cabat.

never was into country style fashion. But these stunners make even such an apathetic person like me to admire the beauty of craftsmanship and extensive design. Congratulations, Mousse.

I think you'd be surprised how cowboy boots can look decidedly urban. The right color, heel height and shaft height can give a really cool look. I have a dark brown pair and I love the look with leggings and a sweater.

Thanks news2me. I was so excited when I first walked into my little boot shop in Lubbock. Its called RC Custom Boots. RC comes highly recommended by a Lubbock native who is in the fashion biz. I spent more than I initially thought I would, but there is a ton of detail in these boots, the craftsmanship is extraordinary, and they are a custom fit. I was stunned by the foot measurements taken by the owner. Only 11 weeks and 5 days until they deliver.
I have a pair of full quill boots from RC. Unfortunately my feet were measured pre children and I wear only briefly since my feet are much wider. You will love them. They make amazing boots that are worth the wait

I have a pair of full quill boots from RC. Unfortunately my feet were measured pre children and I wear only briefly since my feet are much wider. You will love them. They make amazing boots that are worth the wait

Thanks Zooba. What color are your boots? I wonder if RC might be able to stretch the uppers. Please remind me, do you live in TX? I'll be back in Lubbock and the DFW metroplex in late Jan/ early Feb.

Thanks Zooba. What color are your boots? I wonder if RC might be able to stretch the uppers. Please remind me, do you live in TX? I'll be back in Lubbock and the DFW metroplex in late Jan/ early Feb.

No where near Texas at all. I used to work in the oil refinerys in the Pasadena area and would venture around Texas. I swear that I bought mine at a horse show but really don't remember. My boots are a cream color on the vamp with coffee colored ostrich on the shaft.

My boys hate when I wear them!

No where near Texas at all. I used to work in the oil refinerys in the Pasadena area and would venture around Texas. I swear that I bought mine at a horse show but really don't remember. My boots are a cream color on the vamp with coffee colored ostrich on the shaft.

My boys hate when I wear them!

The daughter of the bootmaker used to sell their boots at a huge flea market in Lubbock. She does road shows across the state. I agree; their boots are amazing. I am really liking parts of TX. Had a nice visit last week in Dallas and Plano. I'm on my way home now from Amarillo. Don't care much for it.

Last edited:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

septembersiren

par8.gif
par18.gif
par8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.