Official Bottega Veneta Chat Thread - Lets Chat!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to ask for some help. A firend of mine would like a Birkin, not sure what color yet, but I told her that I would help her. I would welcome the names of any "no game playing SA". I have come up with thre perfect bag to suit her frame and coloring. She needs a Togo 30cm in raisin, but not sure if she would prefer GHW or PHW. The raisin would be fabulous on her and she already has a great black bag. She likes the structure, so I thought togo would be best and would wear nicely. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I though about suggesting a Cabat, but I think it's not structured enough and the Birkin or even a Kelly would be perfect. Oh, this is my dream come true, to help someone else find the perfect bag!!!

Here is my $0.02... Raisin is a color, a plummy-purple color. Hardware will depend on what she likes gold or silver. A Birkin is a big investment bag that she will want to wear regularly, so she should give some consideration to the hardware color. Has she decided on Togo? If not, then she should visit the H threads and research the leathers in both the style threads, and in Hermesgroupie's leather book. I am currently obsessed with Fjord. Also, has she tried on 30s and 35s? Is she petite? How much does she carry in her bag?

As far as getting a Birkin, she should be flexible if she is not planning on having one made. Or check on the secondary market (a little scary because of the superfakes out there) for that bag. There are some threads on reputable sellers on the H forum. Raisin is a popular color now, so they seem to pop up more.

Last edited:
Great news Bichon and I can't wait for the reveal!!!

I need to ask for some help. A firend of mine would like a Birkin, not sure what color yet, but I told her that I would help her. I would welcome the names of any "no game playing SA". I have come up with thre perfect bag to suit her frame and coloring. She needs a Togo 30cm in raisin, but not sure if she would prefer GHW or PHW. The raisin would be fabulous on her and she already has a great black bag. She likes the structure, so I thought togo would be best and would wear nicely. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I though about suggesting a Cabat, but I think it's not structured enough and the Birkin or even a Kelly would be perfect. Oh, this is my dream come true, to help someone else find the perfect bag!!!

I'll PM you, Ethel.

^^^hi all!!!

oooh anyone else going to take the H-ighway? hehe.

I must admit, after watching the 'Proposal' my desire for that orange 40 cm,not sure of the leath though Sandra is carrying has been intense more than ever...I cannot wait to get one of my own....sooooon, after I get my cabat and knot. hehehe. Not very fluent with H vocab yet but so far, aside from the togo, my choice is Clemence leath, some say Fjord tend to have veins? I dunno, so far I've only seen Clemence and Togo up close, and oh Swift, those are the popular leaths here.

anyway, I have not been sleeping well past few days, I'm super excited to get my bag, and the waiting is beginning to hurt! arrghhhhh. I hate waiting for the unkown---I dunno if my bag will be shipped or what, my besty just said it'll be a nice surprise.

I think I should give knitting a try ;)

Jburgh - her go to bag is an Alma, so the 30CM would work well for her. And yes, she is petite. Really cute girl and as sweet as can be. She is lusting for one after seeing the Proposal and her DH just says to get one. Why can't my DH be like that? I explained the process to her, and all the options, so she know she will have a wait. We didn't get to talk very long as we had a meeting, but she knows that I'll help her and she can always join TPF.

I've been busy tonight doing some work for MY dh, all along griping about my HG bag!! lol He knows all about it now.:graucho::graucho:

K...I would not describe my H SAs as game-playing per se, but all sort of require relationships for Birkin assistance. It is just really, really hard to be precise about a Birkin and be fortunate enough that that one is available w/o SO or incredible luck. Resale may be a better option if she would be interested. Maybe just my experience...

I explained to her very quickly how difficult the process is. She would most likely be interested int he resale market. I will let her know about Luxury Malleries and she can join TPF for some guidance, too. I can just see her hubby getting involved in the process, too. He'll probably be relentless! Very nice guy that would do anything for her.

Well...if they fly to Paris they can check the ability to SO at FSH... ; )

Although available leathers/colors for SO even at FSH can be limited.

Shoot...I had a 30 raisin a year or two ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.