Officers: Man threw dog off 6th-floor NYC roof

Vinyl

O.G.
Dec 1, 2007
NEW YORK – A New York City man has been accused of throwing his dog from the roof of a six-floor city housing project, critically injuring the animal.

Animal welfare officers arrested 19-year-old Fabian Henderson of Brooklyn on Friday. He has been charged with aggravated cruelty to animals and reckless endangerment, both felonies.

Joseph Pentangelo with the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals says surgeons had to reassemble Oreo's front legs. The 1-year-old terrior mix is able to walk.

Residents of the housing project called the animal welfare group last month, saying a dog was being beaten inside an apartment. Neighbors later called to say a dog had been thrown off a building's roof.

Officers do not know if Henderson has an attorney.

Source

That man is trash and I hope he gets a swift, harsh case of karma.

And I hope that poor, dear dogs finds a loving new home. At least now it won't have to be in that @$$hole's hands anymore. :mad:

That is sick and it makes me so angry. The poor animal didn't do anything to deserve that. I wish someone would push this freak off the edge of a building.

I agree with all of the above. It is intolerable to be cruel to anyone or anything. But an animal that is unable to defend itself strikes a deeper chord.

An interesting fact....when we were living in HK, our vet told me that an animal has a much greater chance of surviving a fall from a building than a person because when falling, they distribute their weight evenly?? he had a dog that fell from the 18th floor the year before and only had minor injuries.