Offer for Birkin 35 in Vert Cypress!

Jan 16, 2009
hi folks - wanted some advice please. i got an offer today for a B35 in vert cypress and gold hardware! i've never seen the color in person before. additionally, i have been waiting for a B30 in black or gold, but had told my SA about my love for a bottle green color, probably why she reached out to me. i am a little torn whether to accept or not given its a 35 while i've been waiting for a 30. that being said, i think a 35 could work for me as a work bag as i need to carry a laptop. so overall, torn on size (30 vs 35) and color as i've never seen it before.

does anyone have a bag in vert cypress that you can post a pic of? and any thoughts on my B30 vs 35 conundrum? thanks so much!

Reactions: Mimi22
I know it’s hard to say no but I wouldn’t settle for a 35 if you actually want a 30. I feel like every single person that does this ends up selling the 35 shortly thereafter because they can’t make it work. A B35 with a laptop in it will be very heavy and will distort the bag shape and handles over time so I wouldn’t recommend it either.

I don't own a bag in Vert Cypress (yet), but I have seen the color in real life and it is a stunning shade of green IMO. Came here to comment on the B30 vs B35 conundrum. My first Birkin was a B35 in Togo, and was my first choice bag in terms of size/color/hardware. I realized fairly quickly on that while it's the ideal size to carry a laptop and/or papers in, it can get quite heavier than it already is once you start utilizing the space inside, and I always hesitate to stick my laptop inside anyhow so as to avoid distorting the bag's shape or putting too much pressure on the handles. My subsequent Birkins have been in a size 30, and while the B35 holds a special place in my heart as it was my first Birkin (and I still reach for it on occasion), I definitely don't use it as often as I do the 30s. I know it can be tempting to accept an offer that is *close* but not quite what you are looking for, but know that if you aren't 100% sure that you will love and use the bag, another offer is around the corner. Just some food for thought! Let us know what you decide. :smile:

Vert cypress is gorgeous. Will it match your wardrobe? It is not a classic neutral like black or gold. If you are set on a classic neutral, you will probably still want it after you get the vert cypress.

Many tpfers love the 25 and 30. I find the 30 can get overstuffed quickly if I need to carry more than the basics which isn’t good for longevity of an expensive bag.

Reactions: Hermes Zen
I just saw a B25 in Vert Cypress last week at the boutique (sadly not offered to me) and it was stunning!

My first Birkin was, like @ouicestmoi , also a B35. I love it and continue to carry it (with a laptop on occasion :yes:) but it is heavy even empty. So, while it retains a place in rotation, I use my B30 (just the one rn) all the time. If you want a B30, don't settle even for that beautiful green.

hi folks - wanted some advice please. i got an offer today for a B35 in vert cypress and gold hardware! i've never seen the color in person before. additionally, i have been waiting for a B30 in black or gold, but had told my SA about my love for a bottle green color, probably why she reached out to me. i am a little torn whether to accept or not given its a 35 while i've been waiting for a 30. that being said, i think a 35 could work for me as a work bag as i need to carry a laptop. so overall, torn on size (30 vs 35) and color as i've never seen it before.

does anyone have a bag in vert cypress that you can post a pic of? and any thoughts on my B30 vs 35 conundrum? thanks so much!
I believe @Prada Prince has a B35 in vert cypress. He has lots of great pictures of his lovely bag! You can also check them out in the action shots thread.

I love vert cypress! But commenting on your 30 versus 35, my first Birkins over a dozen years ago were all 35s and I used them a ton for work. But then laptops started getting thinner and smaller and lo and behold all my laptops over last 7 years fit easily into B30s so I sold all 6 of my B35s and now only use B30s for work. They can carry quite a lot. Maybe check if your laptop will fit a B30 and don’t settle for a B35. I know pretty much all Macs fit B30s.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and Hermes Zen
I have a vert cypress K with GHW, and it is stunning (in my biased opinion) but if the size you want is 35 then the colour decision is irrelevant?

9D3F489D-387C-41CC-B350-2B5C260D8775.jpeg

My B is a 30 and I don’t use it to carry a laptop even though it would fit, I use a le pliage instead as I need to carry the power cable as well.

Please let us know what you decide!

I believe @Prada Prince has a B35 in vert cypress. He has lots of great pictures of his lovely bag! You can also check them out in the action shots thread.
Yes, my B35 is in Vert Cyprès with GHW in Clemence. When I got the offer, this colour wasn’t even on my radar, but I had mentioned to my S.A. that if I were to go for green, I love shades of Alpine green.

When I saw it in person, it was love at first sight! The colour is so rich, and ever-shifting in different lighting. For me, it works as a neutral alternative to black. The GHW also accentuates the richness of the green.

I’m perfectly fine with the B35 size, but that’s because my previous Birkin was a B40 Clemence which was the weight of half a llama…

Hope that helps!

C91849DB-F293-40BD-B599-3D0C553F7F98.jpegB6019947-B637-47CC-A787-D81C310C52C4.jpeg9CB511E7-96EA-40A0-A899-1DB5AF8482C4.jpegDC8E1460-D6B6-45A0-B834-5EFBCF8C2DAC.jpeg