Off to terminal 5 next week- ant messenger??

Midlands lass

In the dark........
Aug 28, 2010
England
I am due to fly to the states a week on sat via terminal 5. After my red lily disappointment I feel like cheering myself up with some good old nvt!!!!
I would like a sturdy messenger and I like the look of the large Anthony.
I searched but couldn't find a huge amount.
There are a couple of pics in the reference library.

Does anyone have one? Is it heavy when full?

T 5 will kindly reserve one for a few days if I like.
Then all I have to decide is choc or oak!!!!

cocopops

O.G.
Sep 10, 2009
U.K
I have a large choc Ant, which I love as it's so useful for days out when it's good to be hands free. Mine is never very full - so it doesn't get that heavy. Although I do find that if I wear it for long periods of time my shoulder starts to ache a little bit but I think it has nothing to do with the size as the same thing happens when I wear my small Ant. To be honest I have no idea why my shoulder aches, I think I must just have a dodgy shoulder (getting old !!). It certainly doesn't put me off as I would love to add a large black Ant to my collection ! :biggrin:

Midlands lass

In the dark........
Aug 28, 2010
England
Thanks cocopops. My reg Alexa makes my shoulder a bit sore when it's full so I love the idea of the wide strap on the ant. You've reassured me that it doesn't weigh a ton.
Definitely going to reserve one on sat. Like the idea of more oak but I am loving the look of the new oak Bella hobo might go for chocolate instead. What a lovely decision to have to make!!

cocopops

O.G.
Sep 10, 2009
U.K
I would try them both on and see which one shouts out 'Buy me' ! Of course they may both do that in which case what a nice dilemma to have ! :graucho:

Graefka

O.G.
Aug 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Very exciting, ML! I think you can't go wrong with oak or chocolate.

Have a lovely time in the States. Is it a business trip?

Feb 26, 2008
U.K.
Hi ML, I have a choc large ant. In fact used him today, first time in ages! He can get a bit heavy if you pack a lot in, but then again if you need to carry more you can. Today I mostly carried him on my shoulder rather than messenger cos he was too full really, also after my recent surgery I am avoiding anything vaguely close to my tummy area. I think large ant is a classic, very sturdy, oak or choc would be lovely. Let us know what you do!

numnut

O.G.
Sep 18, 2008
If only!
I have had both - first impressions were to buy the large - the small seemed too tiny for all my kit - but once I got it home and started to use it - it was so cumbersome and when filled too heavy.

Eventually sold it for the little one - and its great - you can get a fair amount in if you postion things vertically and it is useful handsfree. Certainly you need to be more disciplined about what you take out. I can fit an umbrell, purse, keys, hairbrush, phone & lippy.

Midlands lass

In the dark........
Aug 28, 2010
England
Very exciting, ML! I think you can't go wrong with oak or chocolate.

Have a lovely time in the States. Is it a business trip?
It's a conference in the windy city so taking all my winter warm things. Been before and it's blooming freezing!!!

I like the US. Good shopping, friendly people

Good point numnut. I would like it as a carry all travel bag and I have a digital SLR camera so don't think little ant will be big enough but will try both