Off to Paris in 3 weeks! What to buy at LV?? Delightful PM on my list.

Karacoco78

O.G.
Jul 29, 2012
Hi ladies, I am wondering if you all have any suggestions on things, in particular, to pick up while I am in Paris. Have any of you shopped at the LV there? I went in once, but never bought anything and took awhile to get service.
I am thinking of getting the Delightful PM in Mono. What do you think? Any positives, negatives? My only other LV bags are the Neverfull MM in Damier, Speedy 30 in Damier, and an Mono pochette accessoires (which I love.) Thinking it's time for a grown up LV bag and the Delightful seems like a good pick.
Any thoughts or tips appreciated!
Thanks!

Hi ladies, I am wondering if you all have any suggestions on things, in particular, to pick up while I am in Paris. Have any of you shopped at the LV there? I went in once, but never bought anything and took awhile to get service.
I am thinking of getting the Delightful PM in Mono. What do you think? Any positives, negatives? My only other LV bags are the Neverfull MM in Damier, Speedy 30 in Damier, and an Mono pochette accessoires (which I love.) Thinking it's time for a grown up LV bag and the Delightful seems like a good pick.
Thanks!
Try the store on Avenue Montaigne. Also a flagship but less touristy than the store on Champs-Élysées. That's where I shop when I m in Paris!

Hello.. I will be in Paris in 3 weeks as well and I'm on the same boat, not sure what to buy!?!?! But I think the Delightful is an awesome bag, I have one in DE and I think it's very functional...

Fun!!! I have to have my list ready b/c my husband will be with me and there is no way I can ask about prices, etc. with him around! Ha. Good to know about the Delightful. I'm excited. Have a great trip!!

Reactions: Chelay@45
Haha... I did a list as well and took screenshots of each handbags I am considering buying. I want to be efficient so my husband won't complain :smile: haha
Have a safe trip and enjoy...

Fantastic, have fun! I was in Paris a few weeks ago and found the LV inventory very good at all of their stores. Chanel, not so much. Ave Montaigne is very quiet compared to the Champs store, both had similar inventory. I shopped the LV France website at home pre-trip so I knew the price differences per piece and compared. I purchased three LV items, they had all three and used Am Ex so no foreign transaction fees. Consider LV purchases in France as final sale, they will give you LV credit that is only good in France for one year. I did declare at US Customs, only person out of three international flights to declare but it was the right thing to do. Still waiting for my VAT refund, I guess it takes awhile. Hope that helps

Thanks!

Hello.. I will be in Paris in 3 weeks as well and I'm on the same boat, not sure what to buy!?!?! But I think the Delightful is an awesome bag, I have one in DE and I think it's very functional...
I will be there in about 3 weeks also!! I can't wait. It is my first time

Fantastic, have fun! I was in Paris a few weeks ago and found the LV inventory very good at all of their stores. Chanel, not so much. Ave Montaigne is very quiet compared to the Champs store, both had similar inventory. I shopped the LV France website at home pre-trip so I knew the price differences per piece and compared. I purchased three LV items, they had all three and used Am Ex so no foreign transaction fees. Consider LV purchases in France as final sale, they will give you LV credit that is only good in France for one year. I did declare at US Customs, only person out of three international flights to declare but it was the right thing to do. Still waiting for my VAT refund, I guess it takes awhile. Hope that helps
Let us know how long it takes you to get your VAT refund please! :smile:

I am thinking of getting the Delightful PM in Mono. What do you think? Any positives, negatives?
Thanks!
Keep an open mind on the size of the Delightful, unless you've already tried both PM and MM in person. The new Delightful is different compared to its previous version. I found the PM too small a drop under the arm and opted for the MM. Have a great time!

Reactions: Karacoco78
Keep an open mind on the size of the Delightful, unless you've already tried both PM and MM in person. The new Delightful is different compared to its previous version. I found the PM too small a drop under the arm and opted for the MM. Have a great time!
Thanks, that's really helpful. I will look at both now!

I will be there in about 3 weeks also!! I can't wait. It is my first time

Let us know how long it takes you to get your VAT refund please! :smile:
If u queue at global blue counter with the tax refund form from the store, your receipt and bag, they can do an immediate cash refund. It's much faster than waiting for the credit on your card.

Reactions: Chelay@45
If u queue at global blue counter with the tax refund form from the store, your receipt and bag, they can do an immediate cash refund. It's much faster than waiting for the credit on your card.
But you get euros back, right? Or will they pay you in dollars? For some reason, I always thought it was a better refund if you request it on your credit card.

But you get euros back, right? Or will they pay you in dollars? For some reason, I always thought it was a better refund if you request it on your credit card.
Yes you'll get it back in euros. I never ask for the tax refund back on my credit card as I'd rather have cash up front. That way I won't have to wait a few months for it. Also, you have to fill up some form for the money to be credited in with ALL your info and placed in an envelope and mail it. If it gets lost, your tax refund goes with it. There's a chance it may never arrive. Overalol I'd rather play safe.

Hi... Do I need to go through Customs first to get the tax refund form signed? Then, go to the Global Blue Counter to get the cash refund? Sorry it's my first time as well so I'm not familiar with the process.
Thank you for your help!