Off-center Hermes stamp on SLG

qubed

Sep 21, 2016
Anyone else have an off-center stamp? I have on on an SLG, but didn't notice until a couple months after buying it from the boutique. It's not off-center a lot, but definitely noticeable. It's usually covered with cards and such so I don't really see it, but it still kind of annoys me.

IMG_9436_.jpg

This is the risk and delight of handcrafted products: minor eccentricities. I personally don't mind such quirks--it's not a functional fault. This makes your card wallet unlike any other! And if you didn't notice it for months. . . .

I suppose you have the glass half-full approach :smile:

And while it did take me awhile to notice it, it's not something I can ever unsee.

I'm sure there are other products out there with off center Hermes stamps, but the real question is, what do you want done about it? It can't be restamped, and it's too late to return for another one. It's not a defect, so Hermes won't take it back and replace it for free. I know it's annoying, but I'm not sure getting a perfect one is worth the battle.

What color is the card case? It looks like it has contrast stitching? [emoji2]

Thanks Remainsilly !

Many many years ago, when I was 15, I hesitantly told my aunt that her Navajo rug had a flaw. She explained to me that it was "spirit line" to let the evil spirits out. Many time over the years have I thought of this and am so glad I mentioned it to her.
You can apply it to so many things from a ding in you brand new car, to a flaw in your knitting.

Thanks Remainsilly !

Many many years ago, when I was 15, I hesitantly told my aunt that her Navajo rug had a flaw. She explained to me that it was "spirit line" to let the evil spirits out. Many time over the years have I thought of this and am so glad I mentioned it to her.
You can apply it to so many things from a ding in you brand new car, to a flaw in your knitting.
Oh, I'm totally with your aunt on this!!!! Wise words!!!

Anyone else have an off-center stamp? I have on on an SLG, but didn't notice until a couple months after buying it from the boutique. It's not off-center a lot, but definitely noticeable. It's usually covered with cards and such so I don't really see it, but it still kind of annoys me.

View attachment 3682056

Like you, it would bother me and I can't unseen it. I know many may think it isn't a big deal but this is yours and what you think is what matters. Speak to your sa? Maybe she would do something or try to sell it.