Of interest to those wondering about the accuracy of computer authentications

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
O M G!! Because this is LV related, I'm tagging @Addy , @Lee , @lshcat and @lovlouisvuitton

If there are other LV authenticators I've missed, please let them know.

Over the years, I've seen many fakes of various designers listed by linda*s***stuff and getting action on reports of fakes is like shoveling sand against the tide. Once in a while a listing will be pulled or ended but more often, they're sold to unsuspecting buyers.

But now Linda is having (at least some of) her bags authenticated by Entrupy. I'm not an expert in LV though I recognize obvious fakes.

If a computer is deeming this bag as authentic, buyers AND sellers are going to be in trouble and it cements my opinion of the undependability of computer authentications.

From the listing:
This bag has been verified authentic by Entrupy after comparing it to images in its proprietary database. Entrupy's authentication process is based on microscopic detection and advanced image based recognition. For more information visit entrupy.com

This is the listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Louis-Vuitt...ody-Handbag-/382141134249?hash=item58f962f5a9

Reactions: Nikki_ and Maijp
Yes, I'd looked at the site in the past and again when ebay mentioned their upcoming "ebay authenticate" service.

Personally, I would never trust a computer to do an authentication.

In this post, someone mentioned that Entrupy is alleged to have used Linda's to build a database.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...ood-news-or-scary.958708/page-4#post-31138372

And @caannie makes an interesting prediction:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate4u-com-experiences.837503/page-36#post-29216032

Reactions: caannie and jellyv
Oh my word. I'm having trouble lifting my jaw back up. (And I am reeeeally curious to know if this "program" even actually analyzed this monstrosity.) Ugh.

linda*s***stuff is an embarrassment to honest resellers everywhere. And that bag is a horrific fake. There are many LV styles that are so well faked that there is only one small flaw in the design of each fake bag that gives it away. Nothing can replace a human Authenticator.

Reactions: jellyv
I second the opinion that computers cannot replace the sound judgement of a person authenticating an item. Her negative feedback is enough to put anyone off purchasing from her anyway. I'm also baffled about the $25 million dollar business of hers... REALLY??? :shocked:

Reactions: Roie55
Oh wow! :shocked: I have missed the listing as it's been removed? The problem with that device is there are so many pertinent differences of the same item. I can walk into an actual LV Store ask for the exact same two items & find small differences in BOTH items? Beyond ridiculous if it cannot even detect an obvious FAKE?!?!? :wtf: And from what I understand is BOTH parties have to agree to use this device? Both the Buyer & the Seller? The item is sent to Entrupy's? Or have I been given the wrong info on that? :whut: (I need to find the Thread that states that? Because I did read it here on this Forum?)

MP's reputation with authenticating LV is in the toilet due to one too many mistake's! I am also sure I have seen on other AT Threads where they have authenticated an item & the Authenticator on this Forum deemed it Fake?

Last edited:
Oh wow! :shocked: I have missed the listing as it's been removed? The problem with that device is there are so many pertinent differences of the same item. I can walk into an actual LV Store ask for the exact same two items & find small differences in BOTH items? Beyond ridiculous if it cannot even detect an obvious FAKE?!?!? :wtf: And from what I understand is BOTH parties have to agree to use this device? Both the Buyer & the Seller? The item is sent to Entrupy's? Or have I been given the wrong info on that? :whut: (I need to find the Thread that states that? Because I did read it here on this Forum?)

MP's reputation with authenticating LV is in the toilet due to one too many mistake's! I am also sure I have seen on other AT Threads where they have authenticated an item & the Authenticator on this Forum deemed it Fake?
Did hell freeze over? Usually it takes days of repeated reports from many users to get a listing removed or ended!

And the fake Coach was "ended by the seller because the item is no longer available" so I wonder if she got a message about it.

As for MP, they aren't expert in Coach though they do get some of them right. There have also been mistakes.

Did hell freeze over? Usually it takes days of repeated reports from many users to get a listing removed or ended!

And the fake Coach was "ended by the seller because the item is no longer available" so I wonder if she got a message about it.

As for MP, they aren't expert in Coach though they do get some of them right. There have also been mistakes.
Who is MP?
As for this Entrupy computerized authenticator, I don't think it's had enough time to accumulate enough data to be accurate. Just like a human needs time and experience.

I was ck'g out Chicago Consignment, who appears to exclusively use Entrupy. Both are new to me. Guess I can't trust her method of authentication. Too bad, I was traveling to Chgo next weekend again.