Odeon Problem--Need some quick advice!

AngeCS29

Jun 20, 2012
Hello everyone. Need some quick advice. I recently bought a pre-loved Odeon PM. It arrived just as described except for a small crack in the canvas on the top of the front pouch. Crack is very small. I contacted the seller and they have offered options of a discount, which would bring the bag to $375, or a return. And I'm torn.

$375 is a super deal but I'm worried the crack will worsen. On the other hand, the bag is in great condition otherwise, which leads me to believe it was taken care of at least as well as I would have. And judging by the location of the crack, there's a likelihood that if I went and bought a new one (or one in better condition), the crack would still happen. (It's where the front pouch "flexes") Plus, then I'd be super paranoid about using the pocket-- don't want to pay more for the bag to be crackless and in the end, have the crack anyway.

What's your take? I know the crack isn't repairable by LV and they prob won't do anymore work on the bag since it is cracked, but I'm not sure that's a big deal. I'm considering just keeping the bag and using a flexible, invisible glue to keep the crack from opening and worsening and then calling it a day but I'm still uncertain... TIA

Attachments

• 0604141944bv2.jpg
    0604141944bv2.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 266
  • 0604141944v2.jpg
    0604141944v2.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 1,441
If you still want to keep it and feel that $375 is fair, go for it. You could look into having a cobbler repair it so it doesn't get any worse but LV wouldn't touch it if you were to have it done then have another problem in the future. I'm not familiar with this bag and any issues it may have but the crack may not have anything to do with the design. It could've not been stored properly or have something to do with the climate it was used in...hard to say. Maybe ask in the clubhouse for that bag if this is a known issue? If it's not, I personally would return and look for one in better condition. Good luck deciding OP.

Well that's a super great deal on the Odeon but I don't think I'd buy a bag with a crack in the canvas. My guess is that seller knew about it and didn't disclose it and that's why it was being sold in the first place. :sad: This is just speculation of course.

Last edited:
If you decided to keep it, keep in mind cracked canvas can not be repaired by LV boutique. And, since the location of the crack is at the opening of the front pocket, it will widen over time with use. You may have to stitch up from back side if possible. But, that is not going to be seamless. Sorry.

I have an Odeon and it seems like a strange spot for a crack. Personally I'd wait for another one without cracking or even save up for a new one.

I think it's a good deal. The crack is not on a stress point so I doubt it'll get worse. You know where it is and you can make sure it doesn't get worse over time.

I would return it, You're always going to be obsessing about that crack - it will always be there in the back of your mind.

Similar thing happened to me (chipping on the trim of the bag). In the end it was so annoying that I didn't want to use the bag, so I sold it.
I would return the bag.
OP, I see that you decided to return ~ great.
Rather buy something else later.