Odeon PM question....

Jasp

O.G.
Dec 29, 2010
Of course I'm late to the game and I decided due to some travel, I wanted an cross body bag and fell in love with the Odeon PM and read that this along with the Bloomsbury have been discontinued. I went to the K of P store yesterday and my SA was not there but another girl helped me and she was unable to give me really any info on questions I had. It also seemed like the store was wiped out of inventory. Today I called the LV number because on line it states "call for availability" and as I was afraid of it is what now is stating "Out of stock" when I asked the women on the phone about this she stated that a couple of weeks ago is was labeled "discontinued" however now it's labeled "out of stock" she told me that this can happen when a bag is being disconnected and there is renewed interest they decide to keep it in the collection. Have any of you seen this happen? For those that have the Odeon what are your opinions of this bag? I just want a simple bag to carry some things in it when sightseeing.

Have you considered preloved? Good luck in your search. I had one for several years and found it to be a great little bag when you didn't need to carry much and wanted to be hands free.

Reactions: sayakayumi
I have had an Odeon PM for a couple of years. I love mine! I knew I wanted a nice sized cross-body in monogram canvas...not too big, not too small. I went back and forth between the Pochette Metis and the Speedy B 25. I went into the store to try on bags and see what I liked best. Right off I realized the Speedy B 25 was not going to work for me because I like crossbody bags that are more flat and lie close to my hip, and the Speedy stuck out too much. I did like the Pochette Metis, but I was nervous about it because I'd already heard of people having problems with it at that point...and I'm also not really a flap bag girl. I was getting all angsty and the SA asked me if I'd considered the Odeon PM. I had seen it a few times before and thought it was cute, so I said sure why not. He brought it out and I tried it on and it was love at first sight! Such a comfortable bag. It really sits snug against my hip. The strap is adjustable and I can wear it either as a crossbody or a shoulder bag. It's got a nice big pocket on the outside that is very deep and can hold quite a lot. I usually put things like tissues, keys, lip gloss, phone, etc there so I can get to them easily. Inside are two good sized slip pockets which can hold a variety of items...cell phone, card holder, cles or other key holder, lipglosses, pens, etc. Items that I can routinely fit into my Odeon are full sized walled, sunglasses case, mini pochette, small cosmetic pouch and all of the other items already mentioned. It's not a heavy bag when empty, so you can fit quite a lot inside without weighing it down too much. It's a nice, casual everyday bag and it's great for travel. It has a top zip so you can be sure of having your valuable secure when wearing the bag. Being such a slim bag, it easily fits inside of a suitcase without getting smashed, or it fits down inside of a larger tote like a Neverfull if you want to "nest" your bags on an airplane. I would highly recommend buying one if you can get your hands on it. If they are truly discontinued and sold out everywhere, I'd definitely look for one of the pre-loved market for sure. I don't think you'd be sorry.

I have considered pre loved but what I am finding is not in the condition I want. I contacted my SA to let her know I'm on the lookout for the bag and to please let me know when and if it should show up. I'm crossing my fingers.

I don't know how I missed this bag when buying my others. I try to buy items that fit my lifestyle and this fit the bill not to mention once I saw a picture of it I fell in love. So now I guess the wait is on.

I hope you are able to locate one! I got mine last month and it's a really great bag :smile: like someone else commented, it's nice how it lays close to the body and the adjustable strap allows for a perfect fit!

I have considered pre loved but what I am finding is not in the condition I want. I contacted my SA to let her know I'm on the lookout for the bag and to please let me know when and if it should show up. I'm crossing my fingers.

I don't know how I missed this bag when buying my others. I try to buy items that fit my lifestyle and this fit the bill not to mention once I saw a picture of it I fell in love. So now I guess the wait is on.

I think it was an easy bag to miss because it wasn't often prominently displayed in the stores! I also haven't seen a lot of reveal threads on that bag here, either. The day I got mine, it wasn't on display. After I kept waffling back and forth between the Speedy B and the PM, the SA went and got it from the back. I am so glad he did!

I would just like to know for sure if it's discontinued or not. Seems to be conflicting information in regards to this.
I'm pretty sure that it is discontinued. It has been on "call for availability" status now for quite a while. That's usually a pretty sure sign that it's on it's way out. That's not to say there aren't some left in stock in boutiques somewhere. That's why you need to call customer service. They might be able to locate one for you.

Before I bought my Odeon PM back in March, I was also told by the boutique and customer service that it was discontinued. I kept checking the website off and on, then one day instead of "call for availability," it said "place in cart." I called customer service to confirm that it was actually in stock, because I didn't want to receive an email after ordering that there had been some type of mistake, and they confirmed that it was in stock. I've seen the status of the bag change a few times since I bought mine. Until LV removes it from the website, I'd check back off and on to see if it comes back in stock. It seems like they're making a limited number each time, and I don't think it's made in the US. Mine was made in France, and I've seen some on the preloved market that were made in Spain. I could be wrong about that though. As for the bag, I love mine. It's perfect for running around on the weekends when I don't want to carry a bunch of stuff. It would be perfect for sightseeing. It's compact, lightweight, and doesn't get in the way. I hope it comes back in stock but, if not, I've seen a bunch in excellent condition on the preloved market.

Yeah, this was one of the bags in my wish list and it's been "call for availability" for a while in the U.K. too. I've been looking at the new South Bank Besace instead, it's in the DE canvas, though.

I've had my Odeon PM for quite a while and it's a great bag. It's my favorite cross-body bag for all of the reasons mentioned by the other posters. I hope you're able to locate one.

Thank you so much for the info. This is what the women at Louis Vuttion Web site said so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have not found anywhere that confirms that it is indeed discontinued. I will keep checking. Thanks for all the posts and info.

Thank you so much for the info. This is what the women at Louis Vuttion Web site said so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have not found anywhere that confirms that it is indeed discontinued. I will keep checking. Thanks for all the posts and info.

I don't think it's likely that anyone from customer service is going to flat out tell you that the bag is discontinued. I'm not sure why they are like that, but they are. The employees at LV act as if they are dealing in TOP SECRET government intel sometimes...lol. This is exactly what happened with the Eva clutch was discontinued. All three versions kept showing up as "call for availability" on the website. Occasionally one would pop up as available to add to your shopping cart. I asked SAs in the stores on more than one occasion if the Eva was being discontinued, and they were vague in their answers. I finally got one SA to admit to me that he'd "heard" that they weren't making them anymore, and that whatever stock was left in stores was all that was available for purchase (his store didn't have any in stock, btw). Sometimes if you have a really good relationship with a particular SA, they will be more forthcoming with information, and some will even be willing to take the time to call around and try to locate a bag for you in other stores. I'm not lucky enough to have one of those relationships with an SA, because I live over two hours from any nearby stores, and most of my in-store purchases are made when I travel, and I have bought LV all over the place.

As long as it still appears on the website at all, even if if does say "call for availability" it means there are still some Odeons left for sale somewhere. Don't give up! If you want one badly enough, you might even take the trouble to call around to some LV stores yourself and ask. They can alway take your credit card info over the phone and ship the bag to your home. I've done that, too.

Reactions: sayakayumi
My SA just text me yesterday to tell me that she has put me on the waiting list so I'm hoping that's a good sign. Now keeping my fingers crossed. I did not like the replacement for the Bloomsbury.

Reactions: Havanese 28