odeon 2020 what are your thoughts?

Adierf

Jun 14, 2020
I really wanted the LV IVY but alas it is discontinued. I saw the odeon pm today and i don't know what to do. i like the front pocket, zippered middle, the adjustable shoulder strap. or should i buy the neverfull instead?

I do not like the new Odeon because of the odd placement of the tag (yes I know that it can be removed, but the ring is still in that odd spot) and the corner leather patches. If they at least didn't have the hook in the middle, I may have considered the PM. I'd rather get a classic style without tags in the middle of the bag.

I hope to see the bag in person as well. I have concern for the shoulder strap if it will stay on my shoulder or slip off.

I think I will use this bag if I need to carry more than my essentials. I guess the neverfull could do the same. the versatility is nice as the strap is removable but i'm unsure if I would use it as a clutch.

thank you so much for the input ladies your advice helps me think through my indecisiveness. I'm still going to debate this in my head and stare at the bag on the website. LOL

I like the new Odeon. The closest store is a couple of hours away so I ordered online. Bought both the PM and MM sizes so I can compare them in person and see which size works best for me. From what I can tell from the description, it seems the MM size is most similar to the South Bank Besace, but wider at the bottom.

Reactions: Mapoon
Keokicat - May I ask if you bought it in black or natural? Please let me know once you receive the item your thoughts. Does the strap come off your shoulder or if it digs? What fits? Thank you!

Thank you ladies for your sharing your thoughts! I appreciate your time and input greatly. I don't feel so alone with my indecisiveness in purchasing a classic piece or something new.

Keokicat - May I ask if you bought it in black or natural? Please let me know once you receive the item your thoughts. Does the strap come off your shoulder or if it digs? What fits? Thank you!

Thank you ladies for your sharing your thoughts! I appreciate your time and input greatly. I don't feel so alone with my indecisiveness in purchasing a classic piece or something new.

I ordered both sizes in black. They should arrive late this week or early next week.

Reactions: Roz2019
I like the black better too...I feel like the natural would get dirtier faster. Can’t wait to see yours, and see if you like the smaller or bigger one. You must take some mod shots!

Yes I got the PM version because I love the South Bank Besace (one of my favorite bags!) I love having a front slip pocket. Normally I don’t like accessories (I took the tassel of the SBB) but I actually like the tag! i got the black because it’s easier to keep clean. I plan to wear it crossbody rather than on the shoulder. Finally I don’t see it as a clutch even when you remove the strap. Good luck!

I have the old odeon. It would have been cool with black trim.

I am a traditional crossbody person, so while I think the new version looks lovely, the bottom appears to stick out too much. I know that is so it will stand on it's own, but to me a crossbody doesn't need to do that. The removable strap is cool, especially since LV sells other straps. That will be one way to personalize the bag.The opening also looks small.

But I am excited to see the reveals and reviews!