Odeon 2020 Club

I’m having a bit of difficulty deciding if I should keep my Odeon PM with vachetta or if I should get a Speedy Bandouliere 25 in Damier Ebene. Any thoughts? Does anyone have these two bags for comparison?

Last edited:
I was surprised it was the MM..it’s actually the same height as my classic Odeon pm...
I don't want to regret this bag later. I've been looking for a black/mono combo for years and everything seems to have those darn folded corners. I was going to just order the My World Tour speedy with black, but was told today that LV stopped production on any custom bags until 2021. So I just went with the Odeon MM, but now I'm having second thoughts after trying it out at home. If I was going to use this for a travel bag I prefer to have a bit more space. The strap is very comfortable though and it's great if you don't need to carry a lot. The front pocket is what I like the most. I can fit my 6 ring key holder and phone with room to spare.

I don't want to regret this bag later. I've been looking for a black/mono combo for years and everything seems to have those darn folded corners. I was going to just order the My World Tour speedy with black, but was told today that LV stopped production on any custom bags until 2021. So I just went with the Odeon MM, but now I'm having second thoughts after trying it out at home. If I was going to use this for a travel bag I prefer to have a bit more space. The strap is very comfortable though and it's great if you don't need to carry a lot. The front pocket is what I like the most. I can fit my 6 ring key holder and phone with room to spare.
I do like the front pocket..sounds like you probably won’t use it and you don’t want it sitting in the closet....

I’m having a bit of difficulty deciding if I should keep my Odeon PM with vachetta or if I should get a Speedy Bandouliere 25 in Damier Ebene. Any thoughts? Does anyone have these two bags for comparison?

I don't have the 25 but I do have the DE Bandouliere 30. I was initially on the fence too but in the opposite direction and thinking of returning the Speedy; I bought it but haven't carried it because the hardware on the speedy isn't as nice and it's not as squishy as the Odeon. However, I decided to keep both for a few reasons: 1) the speedy is more of a "classic" and I've never owned a classic bag before so it's sort of a bucket list thing for me, 2) the brown colors are different so I can see myself carrying the Odeon more in the spring/summer and speedy more in the fall/winter, 3) the speedy is much bigger and will be great for traveling once I can do that again (this might not matter to you since you are leaning toward the 25), 4) I think I'd be more open to setting the speedy on an airplane floor than the Odeon due to the vachetta--plus it folds down if you need to pack it.

I don't have the 25 but I do have the DE Bandouliere 30. I was initially on the fence too but in the opposite direction and thinking of returning the Speedy; I bought it but haven't carried it because the hardware on the speedy isn't as nice and it's not as squishy as the Odeon. However, I decided to keep both for a few reasons: 1) the speedy is more of a "classic" and I've never owned a classic bag before so it's sort of a bucket list thing for me, 2) the brown colors are different so I can see myself carrying the Odeon more in the spring/summer and speedy more in the fall/winter, 3) the speedy is much bigger and will be great for traveling once I can do that again (this might not matter to you since you are leaning toward the 25), 4) I think I'd be more open to setting the speedy on an airplane floor than the Odeon due to the vachetta--plus it folds down if you need to pack it.
I would love to have both!! I think I’m just trying to justify the price of the Odeon. It’s been raining where I am and winter is around the corner. I don’t know if this is a bag that I will typically use in the winter, although it was mentioned that an SA said that the vachetta is less prone to stains and won’t patina because it’s aged leather?? I really do love the bag because it fits everything I need and doesn’t allow me overload it like I would with speedy.

Reactions: eemaanee
I decided to exchange my PM for the MM. I returned the PM on Monday in store and customer service ordered me the MM, that arrived today. I liked the PM but I decided that since I already have some smaller bags, like the YSL Lou camera and toy Loulou, I should get something bigger. The PM fit my essentials but with the MM, I can also carry things for my kids. Snacks, extra tissues, water bottles etc. The MM is perfect for this purpose. I was nervous that the MM would be too big for me, but I think it looks and feels great! I'm 5"4 and a size 4 and I don't feel like it's too big. Thanks to all who posted mod shots and comparison photos. They really helped me make, what I feel was the right decision. =)

I would love to have both!! I think I’m just trying to justify the price of the Odeon. It’s been raining where I am and winter is around the corner. I don’t know if this is a bag that I will typically use in the winter, although it was mentioned that an SA said that the vachetta is less prone to stains and won’t patina because it’s aged leather?? I really do love the bag because it fits everything I need and doesn’t allow me overload it like I would with speedy.

So my SA mentioned that it was more aged so it is darker and further along in the aging process but it's not going to be naturally resistant to water and stains at this point. If water stains mean a lot to you, it might not be worth the risk. You could try treating it with Apple Garde and seeing what happens. Either way, they are both great bags. Let us know what you end up sticking with!

Reactions: miknarth
My Odeon MM came in today and I absolutely love it! It's big enough to carry my essentials with room to spare, and I don't feel like it's too big as a shoulder or crossbody bag. I think the dimensions online are deceiving and make it seem like there is not much of a difference between the PM and MM. But after seeing both bags in person, the PM just looked too small (for me), whereas the MM felt like the perfect size, not too big at all. Like others have said, the strap is wide and very comfortable, and the magnetic front pocket is super convenient.

My only 2 complaints about the bag are the luggage tag and the strap keeper. I don't mind hanging the luggage tag on my bag, and it's nice that it's removable, but the way the gold LV is cut just looks weird to me. It's like a piece in the crevice between the L and V didn't get cut out correctly, so it's just leftover there. I wish I could just pick that piece off! I've looked at photos of other bags and they all seem to be like this.
DD3AD477-4D3D-4ED7-90C6-6E9234ADBB17.jpeg

My issue with the strap is that the strap keeper is sewn into place, so you can't adjust it to go along with your strap. Not sure why that was done. If you use the strap on its longest setting, the strap keeper won't reach the strap and the end of your strap just hangs around by itself. The second to lowest setting seems to be okay, but not ideal for a crossbody as it's already a little short even on the longest setting. Grr.
08A93F18-6B5D-4987-8383-7EC5AF4C2799.jpeg

Here is the back of the strap keeper, where it's sewn into place on the strap.
FB820235-A74C-4487-98BD-059F95743732.jpeg
These are not deal breakers for me, so I’m keeping this beauty :yahoo:
594D9F74-CB73-46C5-813B-E8A29BD88ABA.jpeg

My Odeon MM came in today and I absolutely love it! It's big enough to carry my essentials with room to spare, and I don't feel like it's too big as a shoulder or crossbody bag. I think the dimensions online are deceiving and make it seem like there is not much of a difference between the PM and MM. But after seeing both bags in person, the PM just looked too small (for me), whereas the MM felt like the perfect size, not too big at all. Like others have said, the strap is wide and very comfortable, and the magnetic front pocket is super convenient.

My only 2 complaints about the bag are the luggage tag and the strap keeper. I don't mind hanging the luggage tag on my bag, and it's nice that it's removable, but the way the gold LV is cut just looks weird to me. It's like a piece in the crevice between the L and V didn't get cut out correctly, so it's just leftover there. I wish I could just pick that piece off! I've looked at photos of other bags and they all seem to be like this.
View attachment 4811904

My issue with the strap is that the strap keeper is sewn into place, so you can't adjust it to go along with your strap. Not sure why that was done. If you use the strap on its longest setting, the strap keeper won't reach the strap and the end of your strap just hangs around by itself. The second to lowest setting seems to be okay, but not ideal for a crossbody as it's already a little short even on the longest setting. Grr.
View attachment 4811906

Here is the back of the strap keeper, where it's sewn into place on the strap.
View attachment 4811905
These are not deal breakers for me, so I’m keeping this beauty :yahoo:
View attachment 4811903
Nice picture.. I am really tempted. I am texting my SA now. :biggrin: