Scarves Ode to the Vintage Scarves

First of all I want to truly :ty: mistikat for opening this thread.
I love hermès scarves and in particular I adore the vintage ones.
I would like to share this love with other members. I hope there will be other member that will share their love for vintage scarves too.
I own just 3 vintage scarves but I want to add more vintage scarves to my collection in the future. I love them and I would like to share some pics.

The first one I post the pics is called Haute Lice, is by Ledoux and it should be from 1969 (the Roman number in the scarf should indicate 1969).
There is an artisan that work in the centre. Around there is a battle, a hunt scene and a man who plays harp.

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,099
  • IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,082
  • IMG_0517.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,077
  • IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,075
  • IMG_0520.jpg
    IMG_0520.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,061
Reactions: sdsurfchick
The second one is called La Comedie Italienne, is from Ledoux, 1962.
It is the only jacquard silk I own and I find jacquard really beautiful.
There are beautiful masks in the scarf.

Attachments

• IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,049
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,042
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,066
  • IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,051
  • IMG_0533.jpg
    IMG_0533.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,056
Reactions: sdsurfchick
The third one is Les Chemins de l'Ile de France, Françoise De La Perriere, 1953This is a quite rare scarf, I think.
I think that none of the 3 scarves has been reissued, but correct me if I'm wrong in this or in any other information I wrote and add any other information you have!

Attachments

• IMG_0530.jpg
    IMG_0530.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,030
  • IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,029
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,027
  • IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,043
The second one is called La Comedie Italienne, is from Ledoux, 1962.
It is the only jacquard silk I own and I find jacquard really beautiful.
There are beautiful masks in the scarf.

I've just happened on this thread, and want to say thankyou for sharing . All your vintage scarves are glorious, this one La Comedie Italienne really does it for me .
I love the Commedia dell'arte and the way the characters forever play out their fate . And the characters appear in the Carnaval , the piano suite by Schumann. Harlequin is on my Carnaval de Venise too.

I've just happened on this thread, and want to say thankyou for sharing . All your vintage scarves are glorious, this one La Comedie Italienne really does it for me .
I love the Commedia dell'arte and the way the characters forever play out their fate . And the characters appear in the Carnaval , the piano suite by Schumann. Harlequin is on my Carnaval de Venise too.
Thanks dear for your nice words!
I also love the Commedia dell'arte and I love Carnaval the Venise!If I'm not wrong it is a jacquard silk scarf as La Comedie Italienne and it is from 1993, so it is almost a vintage scarf..You could add the pics in this thread!;)

Thanks dear for your nice words!
I also love the Commedia dell'arte and I love Carnaval the Venise!If I'm not wrong it is a jacquard silk scarf as La Comedie Italienne and it is from 1993, so it is almost a vintage scarf..You could add the pics in this thread!;)

Carnaval de Venise is a jacquard, there are little mandolins in the weave . I'll post some pictures of it , and maybe my Napoleon , another jacquard .

Still, neither of these are as unusual as your lovely collection!

Carnaval de Venise is a jacquard, there are little mandolins in the weave . I'll post some pictures of it , and maybe my Napoleon , another jacquard .

Still, neither of these are as unusual as your lovely collection!
Can't wait to see the pics..love the jacquard:love: and it is such a pity H is not doing jacquard scarves anymore..