Scarves Ode to the Plisse Scarf...

Hi All - Any plisse lovers here "repleat" your plisse recently? My hermes plisse has lost most of the pleats and I am considering having it clean and repleat. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

A technical question.

My box-pleated B&W plissé is smelling a little stale (I AM a boy, and have always used it in more or a utilitarian way to mask my face from the cold while cycling etc) and instinct is telling me to give it a quick wash, and iron, to flatten those pleats away to something resembling it's original flat self. I'd love to see the design once again, also.

I'm not seeing the loss of the pleats as a loss as it's already rather misshaped from the steam of my breath. I guess I can always have it re-pleated anyway.

Has anybody ever attempted this successfully? I'm assuming no matter how well I iron the scarf, the hem will always be rather crinkled with the ghost of the box pleat.

Thanks in advance for any advice :smile:

Hi Plisse lovers - Can anyone please share your tips on getting rid of perfume smell on your Plisse? I bought a preloved recently in very good condition except that it came with the previous owner's perfume :no-good: Initially I had it bagged inside a sealed bag with baking soda for a week but the smell remains.

I am guessing my only option is to send it to Hermes for dry-clean? Any advice/tip you can give/share will be greatly appreciated.